hckycoz

Here are some of the project
#1 is the top and bottom waiting for the legs to get put on
#2 the legs. 2x4 glued and screwed together to make 4x4s
#3 The corner and how we made them
#4 The stand on its side with out Legs
#5 Same pic just closer

hot883

Certainly did not skimp on wood. Ha! I think it will be sturdy enough for sure. Crown lookin nice.

hckycoz

So far i have racked up a total of $175
$50 - 2x4 and 2x6
$125 - Crown Molding
$175 - New Mitre Saw
So i guess im at $350
But i had to have the saw

moorea2

It looks like expensive crown. I remember how expensive it was when we trimmed out my kitchen cabinets. It will look great on the stand!

hckycoz

Now we run into complications: My dad started the stand with out me and there is not enough room for my 55g to fit underneith as a sump. How hard is it to make a custom tank with either glass or acrylic and where can i get the materials?

zman1

hckycoz,
If you take the legs down to a single 2x4 width all the way around and use cripplers for each leg, would that give you enough room for your 55 gal sump or is it the 48" length the issue.

zman1

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing.... The cripple stud is the short one under the top and between the bottom frame (bottom frame not in the pic). These are used in your home to support headers over doorways and windows, etc....

O

oreo12

I built a stand for my 75 and made it where my 29 fit under it so I can see both of them My 75 is a fish only and my 29 is my coral tank

O

oreo12

was looking for a photo but can't find it I will try again latter