the new tangs!

adio_54

well i searced fresno for these guys and diddnt find them so i went to medesto and found them in the same tank! ones a powder blue tang and the other is my fav fish the clown tang!

adio_54

yep but theres not much in it yet.. just the zoos and shrooms but im running 3 250 watt holligens (spelt wrong) lol

azfishgal

I'm so jealous! My 125 has been up and running for 4 months and I still don't have any tangs. BUT, as soon as my Royal Gramma goes into the DT, my QT will be available for my first tang, a Blue Hippo! I can't wait!!!!!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Azfishgal, any other tangs with the blue hippo?
I am going to also get a Sailfin Tang and a Yellow Tang, but the Yellow will be the last one to go in, as they can be a bit aggressive. I would LOVE to get a Naso Tang (would do well with the above list I have) but my tank is not large enough.

mike22cha

Becareful with the yt and sailfin. I had those and purple tang and it was WW3. I got lucky and just had to get rid of the yt. Good luck.

azfishgal

Becareful with the yt and sailfin. I had those and purple tang and it was WW3. I got lucky and just had to get rid of the yt. Good luck.
Well, I've been told the purple tang can be pretty aggressive too, so maybe that was the problem. I've talked with many who have a Hippo, Sailfin, and Yellow and they all seem to do well (as long as they are in a 6' tank or larger). And just to clarify, I want the regular Sailfin, NOT the Red Sea.
If it doesn't work out then obviously I will have to get rid of one. But I think it will be ok. (cross fingers
)

mike22cha

Ya I learned that the purple is the most aggressive tang, but since he was
$90 I figured I'd save him and get rid of the 30$ tangs.

azfishgal

Ya I learned that the purple is the most aggressive tang, but since he was
$90 I figured I'd save him and get rid of the 30$ tangs.
Makes sense to me.

babyb

hey mike22cha is that your anemone and clown in your little pic, im pretty sure you have pc by the looks of that pic you showed me, let me know how that anemone goes

babyb

i forgot to say nice looking powder blue, they are my favorite tang, they have great color but i hear are very hard to take care of
btw this is my 1000 post

mike22cha

Yep that is the BTA I picked up saturday. The clowns love it and I got awesome pics so I love it. To bad it roamed behind my rocks and I can't see it.