the new tangs!

briand7878

I have a Tomini and it is probably the hardiest fish i have ever had. By the way How is it when you qt a fish for three weeks and see no signs of anything it can be put in the dt and immediately get ich? That is what scares me about tangs.

cjml

Originally Posted by BabyB
i forgot to say nice looking powder blue, they are my favorite tang, they have great color but i hear are very hard to take care of
btw this is my 1000 post

renogaw

Originally Posted by BRIAND7878
I have a Tomini and it is probably the hardiest fish i have ever had. By the way How is it when you qt a fish for three weeks and see no signs of anything it can be put in the dt and immediately get ich? That is what scares me about tangs.
because your DT has to remain fishless for up to 6 weeks when you have ich in it.

adio_54

thanks
guys and girls!
i no they are hard to take care of but im ready 4 the challenge lol cuz there perty awsome! and already eating lol... i also want a yellow tang BUT i dont no what to get first... the purple or the yellow?

Originally Posted by renogaw
because your DT has to remain fishless for up to 6 weeks when you have ich in it.

so in my fish only DT, if i treat with copper for six weeks, my tank can still have ich?

azfishgal

Originally Posted by emporer angel
so in my fish only DT, if i treat with copper for six weeks, my tank can still have ich?

The only way to ensure an ich free environment is to leave your DT empty of fish for 6 weeks. The reason being is using copper and other meds MIGHT kill the ich, but you will never no for sure. Leaving your tank fishless for 6 weeks will rid your tank of ich because ich needs a host to survive. If there is no ich, whatever ich is in your tank will go through it's life cycle and then die. As far as QT fish for three weeks, I have decided to move that up to at least four weeks and with my Blue Hippo Tang coming in soon I'm going to Hypo immediatley as if he did have ich, just to be sure.