The real reason Libs hate Sarah Palin

stdreb27

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/3147982
For her, yes. She resigned so she could cash in on her fleeting moment of fame.

If that is the case, at LEAST she did leave. VS people who stay in office to manipulate legislation for their own person gain...
Still waiting for her Gaff that tops 57 states... Or authorizing flying AF 1 buzzing downtown NYC. I could go on...
Stand up Chuck... Oh wait everyone stand up for chuck...

hlcroghan

I don't dislike her personally. I do not know her. So to clarify, I hate the idea of her becoming one of the main leaders of my country because I believe she is actually unintelligent. She couldn't give an intelligent, unscripted answer to any question during the whole election. I won't vote on someone that can't think for themselves, hence why I also did not like Bush. Has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he was a republican, actually. There are some republicans I like alot, like McCain. I preferred Obama but I didn't dislike McCain. Just thought he was not the right guy for the job. Due more than anything to his age and lack of knowledge of the technical world.

dedecv3

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/3149269
I don't dislike her personally. I do not know her. So to clarify, I hate the idea
of her becoming one of the main leaders of my country because I believe she is actually unintelligent. She couldn't give an intelligent, unscripted answer to any question during the whole election. I won't vote on someone that can't think for themselves, hence why I also did not like Bush. Has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he was a republican, actually. There are some republicans I like alot, like McCain. I preferred Obama but I didn't dislike McCain. Just thought he was not the right guy for the job. Due more than anything to his age and lack of knowledge of the technical world.
Unscripted?? Have you every heard Obama speak?? Nothing he does is unscripted...

hlcroghan

I didn't say that his words were not scripted, meaning that a speech was prepared beforehand, but I'm pretty sure that he had a hand in writing them. On the other hand, I am pretty sure that she has no clue how to do that. Just look at every interview she has ever had (Golly Gee Whiz). And....I really don't care how she became governor. She is an idiot. We have tons of politicians that are idiots. Bush is a prime example. I just thank god I don't live in Alaska....lol

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3149730
I didn't say that his words were not scripted, meaning that a speech was prepared beforehand, but I'm pretty sure that he had a hand in writing them. On the other hand, I am pretty sure that she has no clue how to do that. Just look at every interview she has ever had (Golly Gee Whiz). And....I really don't care how she became governor. She is an idiot. We have tons of politicians that are idiots. Bush is a prime example. I just thank god I don't live in Alaska....lol
If you are such a friggin genius why don't you run for office and fix everything for us.

You ever been interviewed by a hostile press? I have done a few interviews as a candidate where I would say the press was pretty even handed and it still wasn't easy. By the way, if you think Obama is such a wiz without the teleprompter why don't you name the 51st through 57th states for us

uneverno

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3149735
If you are such a friggin genius why don't you run for office and fix everything for us. %%
You ever been interviewed by a hostile press? I have done a few interviews as a candidate where I would say the press was pretty even handed and it still wasn't easy. By the way, if you think Obama is such a wiz without the teleprompter why don't you name the 51st through 57th states for us

Iraq, Afghanistan, Great Britain, Germany, Japan, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

stdreb27

There is no way a person can come even close to arguing that Palin is worse than Obama and Biden, unscripted. Those guys are walking gaff machines. Kind of like a fart machine, but with words...

scsinet

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3147985
And she could just as easily make the case she left office to try to end the unprecedented media attack on she and her family. I think she would be a pretty sure bet if she ran against the Democrat senator that was elected by default last election. Don't know if she could unseat a incumbent Republican there.
This, and because individuals were filing back-to-back frivilous ethics charges against her - at least that's one of the reasons that was given. I seem to recall in the months leading up to the resignation reading a lot of articles about this that and the other thing she was accused of.
That being the case, she'd be spending an awful lot of time defending herself against the charges- and to a press which I'm sure was all to willing to circus over the allegations... to the point where it's doubtful she could accomplish anything useful as governer.
Assuming for a moment that those reasons provided were 100% accurate... it's really too bad because it's so rare to see someone who puts their office ahead of themselves... a rare showing of strength and ethics.
But, when you think about the crazy halfwitted moves made by herself and McCain during his pathetic campaign, God only knows what she might *really* be up to, but unfortunately if it is some ulterior motive, it'll only serve to disorganize the GOP and make it tougher on us "righties" to unseat whats his name hopey changey.

hlcroghan

Wow, I never said I was a genius, that I could fix anything, that she was worse or better than any other politician, that her views were bad or good, etc. Pretty far reaching, there, lol. I simply said. ..........
I believe she is unintelligent, I am ecstatic she is not vice president of our country and I was offended that they possibly believed that we were stupid enought to think that her being vice president is a good idea. That is it. No extras, if, ands, or buts.......and
I have done public speaking a lot of times before. I have never ever ever said anything even close to golly or gee whiz, or anything so retarded sounding, so to answer, do I believe I could do better with public speaking?? The answer would be a resounding HELL YES. And then there was also the infamous I'm great at foreign relations because I can see Russia from where I live! My god, why is anyone defending her???

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3154843
Wow, I never said I was a genius, that I could fix anything, that she was worse or better than any other politician, that her views were bad or good, etc. Pretty far reaching, there, lol. I simply said. ..........
I believe she is unintelligent, I am ecstatic she is not vice president of our country and I was offended that they possibly believed that we were stupid enought to think that her being vice president is a good idea. That is it. No extras, if, ands, or buts.......and
I have done public speaking a lot of times before. I have never ever ever said anything even close to golly or gee whiz, or anything so retarded sounding, so to answer, do I believe I could do better with public speaking?? The answer would be a resounding HELL YES. And then there was also the infamous I'm great at foreign relations because I can see Russia from where I live! My god, why is anyone defending her???

So because someone says golly and gee whiz they are an imbecile? How is that any different than seeing a black man and clutching your purse a little tighter because he might steal it?
You might want to read the whole Russia quote again too, not the Saturday Night Live skit.
"They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.
GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they’re doing in Georgia?
PALIN: Well, I’m giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia."
Not the most skillfully worded answer to a question but certainly not " I can see Russia"

mantisman51

I liked her alot. Mainly because Helen Chenoweth was my Congressman from Idaho and she was eviscerated by the press because of her outspokenness on the liberal lies about the danged spotted owl and the brown trout and other red herrings the lying libs used to deprive ranchers, loggers and farmers from their livelihood. I thought Ms Palin was cut of the same cloth. Chenoweth kept up the fight until her goals were reached and I respect her beyond words-she was no Maine RINO. She was a real conservative.When Palin ran away because she couldn't take the abuse, I got sick. I wouldn't trust or vote for her against anybody, and yes I plugged my nose and voted for McCain/Palin. But hey, I'd pay to see her in a bikini photo shoot.

reefraff

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3154989
I liked her alot. Mainly because Helen Chenoweth was my Congressman from Idaho and she was eviscerated by the press because of her outspokenness on the liberal lies about the danged spotted owl and the brown trout and other red herrings the lying libs used to deprive ranchers, loggers and farmers from their livelihood. I thought Ms Palin was cut of the same cloth. Chenoweth kept up the fight until her goals were reached and I respect her beyond words-she was no Maine RINO. She was a real conservative.When Palin ran away because she couldn't take the abuse, I got sick. I wouldn't trust or vote for her against anybody, and yes I plugged my nose and voted for McCain/Palin. But hey, I'd pay to see her in a bikini photo shoot.

I am not arguing Palin is a rocket scientist but I hardly think she is dumb either. I'd vote for her or about anything else over Obama but if it was someone like Harold Ford or John Breaux I'd probably be voting Democrat.

angler man

It's funny, if we all sat down together and asked one another what would be the most important thing/quality in a president I would wager it would be honesty/integrity. When you have "those" type of people they relate to the common person exceptionally well. Sarah Palin is a no BS person. She's frugal, I mean really frugal, and if you are to be intellectually honest isn't that something you would find important? Take Obama for example, forget that he went on the Olympic bid. My problem is we are in a depression, and he couldn't even share a plane ride over there? Instead of 1.3 millions dollars of gas they waste 2.6? Seriously, wouldn't this go through your head at all? You know what budgeting is, you know how expensive bills are. Would you have taken two separate planes knowing where the economy is and people are without work? I'm sure GW did the same crap, and it's not right on either side of the political isle.
I guess, I look at people and see hypocrisy. What I mean is sure, we are all hypocrites at sometime, but if you really believe in something wouldn't you live by that standard or try as hard as you can? An example of what I'm talking about is someone who truly believes that eating animals is bad and they choose to live as vegetarians. The real ones aren't in the McDonald line snarfing down Big Macs.......mmmmm....Big Macs.....but instead, they live by their convictions. Take Al Gore for instance. Sure, he's telling everyone about their carbon footprint. He's letting everyone know that we are killing the world, but behind the scenes he's flying a tremendously polluting private jet. His house uses about 20 times what you or I do for energy. This isn't someone living by his own convictions. So what does this have to do with Palin? If you follow her moves, her decisions she's what we have been needing. She has rooted out corruption. Isn't that something we all believe in? She got rid of expenditures that weren't needed like the private jet. People in here making fun of her intelligence might look pretty foolish if they were in an intellectual debate. Pretty easy to make a judgment on someones intelligence especially at the mercy of our very liberal and bias media. You may not like her tone, but I'll take it over this socializing aggrandizing president we have in office currently.
Zim, seriously? She's a Christian. What do you think she's going to want her child to do? I feel the same way, and would do the same thing, not because of some political belief but of moral conviction. If she would have done the opposite then we would be lumping her in with the rest of the hypocrites similar to the likes of Al Gore.
Say what you mean and mean what you say. This is what our nation has been missing. Campaign promises will never be fulfilled when people of no conviction take office or are corrupt.
I guess what I'm really trying to say is this, would you rather have a Harvard intellectual who tells you what you want to hear, or a community college grad who is up front with you on the issues and isn't as polished as the typical politician? I'm tired of politicians personally. Palin isn't one of them.

tangman99

IMHO, I still think she is an idiot and it was stupid of her every being considered for VP. It was by the Republicans choosing her as McCain's running mate that caused me not to vote. I would never have voted for Obama and I was not going to vote for her either. I'll never show up to vote for the one I hate the least.
I could careless about the Golly Gee's and what ever but every other question like:
Question 1: blah blah blha
Palin: John's a Maverick!
Question 2: blah blah blah
Palin: John and I are Mavericks
Question 3: blah blah blah
Palin: Maverick! Maverick! Maverick! Oh, did I say that John's a Maverick?
Ok. I got it by the 37th time she said the word Maverick. I felt like throwing up out of pure embarrassment after that and had to change the channel.
No, this isn't the polical reason I don't like her, but it's almost enough by itself.