The smallest king

gilpil

ok, I have had a boxer crab or pom pom crab for about a week and a half. Everytime I drop some seafood in the tank, all of the livestock will come grab some until my CC starfish smothers the food for like 6 hours till he has had his fill. Well my brave pompom crab will come right over to the food, despite the huge CBS and YT chowing down. I worried about him at first but he just waved his anenomes at them and they back off. As far as I know the only one he has gotten with the anenomes is the CBS. Well to end my ramble, will the sting from the anenomes hurt the fish or other inverts?

meadbhb

Hiya,
I thought they used the anenomies for defense and food gathering, but I have no idea if the sting is strong enough to act as a deturant to the other fish. It seems to be since they swim away when he waves them at them.
Meadbhb

gilpil

I meant more in the long run. The sting is not strong enough to kill or hurt the fish or invert permanently is it?

meadbhb

Hiya,
Wish I could help you more, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on these little guys.
Meadbhb