The Story Thus Far...

windlasher

So some of you might remember when I was going to move, and at the same time set up a new tank... You may also remember that right before the move my only tank, the 90 crashed hard.... Here is what I have rebuilt so far... Comments Welcome
This is the 220. I have not finished the top cabinet yet, but you get the idea.

The 90 is essentially turning out to be a softie tank. This is the tank that crashed about a month before the move because the guys who set it up for me, pretty much undersized everything. It is now recovering nicely, and I am setting it up the way I want it set up... I also need to make the top so it matches the one on the 220.

The 90 is fed over the top and both Drilled holes are used for a drain/backup drain.
The 220 is fed over the top and all 4 Drilled holes are used for a drains/backup drains.
Both systems drain into a 20 Gal Skimmer Tank running Dual coralife skimmers, which is sitting in and drains into an 80 gallon Frag tank leaving me 1/2 the frag tank for frags. I will replace the skimmers with a big "honkin" one soon.

The frag tank drains into a 100 gallon sump with LR and cheato. All water in the sump is treated by a 25W UV sterilizer 24/7 and an additional canister filter with yet another UV/Light and charcoal which is on a timer for 6 hours per day.

The Sump has a 35 gal overflow drain and a 1/2 HP Chiller, all of which is monitored by an Aqua Jr. (why don't they invent a salinity probe)
Although there is only about 75 pounds of LR in the sump, there is 4 pounds of the REEFRESH20 Filter balls which adds an additional 8000 sq Feet of Filter material like LR.
2 Little Giant 4-MDQX-SC pumps return the water upstairs.
In the middle are my 2 30 Gal QT Tanks and a 20 Gal Hosp Tank.

I'm still working on a few details, but my water quality is now excellent, and I have the setup those jerks should have suggested the first time when I told them what i wanted to do.

windlasher

Originally Posted by bruner54
http:///forum/post/2758244
wow that looks awesome you did a really good job.
thanks.. just glad i have an understanding wife who lets me drill large holes through the oak floor.... or maybe she just wanted "QUIET"

oceanlover

So where did you move to?
Your wife IS understanding. In looking at all this equipment I am floored with how much room it takes up. I have a 90 gallon tank and EVERYTHING is jammed underneath, except lighting of course.
Your aquariums are beautiful but I am especially taken with the nice tile work on the big aqurium. I haven't ever seen one like that so you must have done it?

windlasher

Originally Posted by OceanLover
http:///forum/post/2759664
So where did you move to?
Your wife IS understanding. In looking at all this equipment I am floored with how much room it takes up. I have a 90 gallon tank and EVERYTHING is jammed underneath, except lighting of course.
Your aquariums are beautiful but I am especially taken with the nice tile work on the big aqurium. I haven't ever seen one like that so you must have done it?

Just to another house.
I built both stands. The tile work is actually just plexiglass with window film. I have a wood shop and am going to be building these for a local shop as soon as i get set up with lots of options and different types of film. I am in the process of designing the built in waterproof electrical system and then I should be ready to go. The electrical system will have a panel that lets you control the lights and timers from the side of the stand.
I will post pics once i get the rest done and the lighting set up.