The War On Crabs!!!!!!

raymond2688

i have found 1 gorilla crab 3 with black and white boe tie design on there back
1 bright red one with one big claw xanthids some very small very squeare ones ......ect and the list grows...lol the giant one that has a body the size of a silver dollar is xanthid. anyone in delaware want the small ones i pulled out yesterday i have them in a bucket.

raymond2688

i turned mi light on this morning and found jimmy skuring around.....when i looked in the back of the tank and found one of his claws obviously molted here is a pic so we can all see how much of a beast this thing is

raymond2688

its big..............bigest one i ever seen in a tank.....he must be removed im hoping to

[hr]
him while his shell is soft......

btldreef

Originally Posted by raymond2688
http:///forum/post/3190055
its big..............bigest one i ever seen in a tank.....he must be removed im hoping to

[hr]
him while his shell is soft......

WOW that claw is HUGE!
Are you positive he molted and that isn't from you trying to catch him?
Although his shell is soft, if he just molted, he's probably going to hide even more than usual to protect his new soft shell.
Good luck

raymond2688

after careful examination of the pics prior to trying to s p e a r him and where i found the shells he molted prior to me trying to get him his claw tips were not as black as the molt and preveous pics.
i been saying he was big.........

raymond2688

i should also point out the only reason i found his molt is because i saw him this morning and when i got behind the tank to get him i saw the shells...i wish finding his body was a direct result from what i went threw yesterday.
my tank is still not right had a small amonia spike from sturing everything up
i am running chem pure now and hope to be back to normal this afternoon

btldreef

The ammonia spike shouldn't be too bad. I've had to deal with it from doing the same thing, water change helped and in 24 hours I was fine.

fretfreak13

Geeze you should get a mantis shrimp. =O How big are the rest of your fish, maybe it wouldn't bother them and just go after the crabs. Or you could take the fish out temporarily and put the mantis in. Set up a camera by your tank, you'd be satisfied. lol

reef_dart21

How big is your tank?
If i were you i would purchase a fish that eats the crabs (depending on your tank size)
55 gallon (maybye a snowflake eel, phesudoschromis, hawkfish)
larger than 100 (temporary trigger or a bigger eel
)
eithier way good luck

btldreef

He caught it, look how big the thing was: https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/370583/wahoooo-drinks-are-on-me