The weirdest thing you've bought for your aquarium?

nw2sltfsh

Does a 50.00 fish trap to catch a $4.00 Damsel count?
after weeks of trying it did work within 2 minutes of being in the tank ...

alaredsox

WHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! A $50 trap for a damsel?? You must have been desperate to get him!
I once tried to put a hermatypic coral in my tank that I got in Panama. Yeah...that didnt work out so well.

nw2sltfsh

I hated that damsel - he was the nastiest fish in my agressive tank - even my Lion refused to eat him
I spent 50.00 to get him out after he kept picking on the lion and eventually wounding him so bad that a 3 inch damsel killed an 8 inch Lion!

molamola

Does a sea monkey tank that I had when I was 8 count as an aquarium? If so, the weirdest thing I bought for it was sea crystals, which were marketed as little diamonds that float around in the water that the sea monkeys would play with
What's the second weirdest thing I ever bought for them? A hand pumped air stone, which was a glorified turkey baster with a piece of sandstone glued to the tip. I waited six weeks for the sea crystals and pump to arrive and was more than a little disappointed.

As for my current tank, the strangest thing I bought for it was a plastic mail sorter, which became my fuge.

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by tankslave
WOW NW2SLTFSH that would make that a $54.00 damsel!!! LOL
:hilarious

nw2sltfsh

Originally Posted by surfinusa
Technically if you consider the other fish that damsel killed he was more like a $200.00 fish!
he harrased everything in the tank! and it is 110 gallons - so it isnt like he was crowded - he was just the devil incarnate !

emperor11

Originally Posted by tankslave
WOW NW2SLTFSH that would make that a $54.00 damsel!!! LOL
Congrats! You can do basic math!!
Sorry I just couldn't resist! I'm just kiddin' around...LOL

W

winstew

I got a siphon starter for an airline hose once... I dodn't buy it... it was a gift

tgruby

For me its been shower drains (to use to connect my sump, container system), a turkey baster, and a strainer.

thangbom

Originally Posted by MolaMola
Does a sea monkey tank that I had when I was 8 count as an aquarium? If so, the weirdest thing I bought for it was sea crystals, which were marketed as little diamonds that float around in the water that the sea monkeys would play with
What's the second weirdest thing I ever bought for them? A hand pumped air stone, which was a glorified turkey baster with a piece of sandstone glued to the tip. I waited six weeks for the sea crystals and pump to arrive and was more than a little disappointed.

As for my current tank, the strangest thing I bought for it was a plastic mail sorter, which became my fuge.

umm.. man u have it bad man.. your way tooo addicted to your aquarium
as for me.. i bought a big farret ball ( i had a ferret at the time but still.. i used it in my aquarium )
i used to ball to kinda 'safe house ' new and weaker fish. like when my 5'' lunnare got beat up by my 5'' powerder blue.. stuck him in the ball and set him in a sturdy place to have 'safe time '