the word failure

pontius

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
This is why I don't think those two statements are funny. First of all I really like Bush second of all I really like France. Back in the 1700's France had the Number 2 most powerful army in the world. Number 1 was England. "America" (Put in quotes because we weren't a country yet) had the worst army on the planet. What do I think is funny? Mr. Kerry loosing the election, illegal people sayin' they are legal, good jokes, and more stuff. This is what Mr. Guitar (Chet Atkins) thought was funny...
“A long apprenticeship is the most logical way to success. The only alternative is overnight stardom, but I can't give you a formula for that.”
France had a strong military 300 years ago (and even then, it was only *second* strongest)? wow, what have they done for me lately? maybe my history is wrong, but I seem to remember the US military defeating the french and indians, then the britains, without the US help WWI and WWII would've been lost.
George Bush is funny, he's a dunce. John Kerry is too. I'd take someone like Kinky Friedman more serious, because at least he tells it like he sees it and isn't afraid of the backlash.
it seems your post is full of contradictions. you like Bush, but you also like France (who hates Bush and America). seems like you're against illegal immigrants, but are in favor of Bush (who is all for turning over the country to illegals).

soto

This is why I don't think those two statements are funny. First of all I really like Bush second of all I really like France. Back in the 1700's France had the Number 2 most powerful army in the world. Number 1 was England. "America" (Put in quotes because we weren't a country yet) had the worst army on the planet. What do I think is funny? Mr. Kerry loosing the election, illegal people sayin' they are legal, good jokes, and more stuff. This is what Mr. Guitar (Chet Atkins) thought was funny...
“A long apprenticeship is the most logical way to success. The only alternative is overnight stardom, but I can't give you a formula for that.”
nah. what you're doing is turning a simple joke into politics. say you don't think it's funny because it was a lame manipulation of a search engine. say you don't think it's funny cause you've already seen this and it's gettin old. but don't say it isn't funny cause you don't agree with the politics of the pranksters.
all you're saying by that is that you have a dull sense of humor. i don't really care for bush but if i DID then i'd still think it was pretty funny. you gotta lighten up bro. hell most people that laugh at racist jokes aren't even racist. there's plenty of things in life to take serious- tradgeties, taxes, seatbelts, threats from the Russian mob, etc.
jokes aren't meant to be taken serious. they're just silly.

dc2mlbsm

Originally Posted by soto
nah. what you're doing is turning a simple joke into politics. say you don't think it's funny because it was a lame manipulation of a search engine. say you don't think it's funny cause you've already seen this and it's gettin old. but don't say it isn't funny cause you don't agree with the politics of the pranksters.
all you're saying by that is that you have a dull sense of humor. i don't really care for bush but if i DID then i'd still think it was pretty funny. you gotta lighten up bro. hell most people that laugh at racist jokes aren't even racist. there's plenty of things in life to take serious- tradgeties, taxes, seatbelts, threats from the Russian mob, etc.
jokes aren't meant to be taken serious. they're just silly.
true that true tha
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by fatcats
Under napoleon france had the most powerful military
the first one not any other napoleons
Mr. guitar u like bush and france, hmm wired combo
It is isn't it. haha. If I could I'd move to France. I won't (right now) because I don't have enough money to go and afford housing; it's very expensive.
Just to let ya know Pontius it was the British who defeated the French and Indians. I still say the French and Indians won because of there effective ways of fighting. The stupid British marched in a line with their bright red military clothing in the middle of the forest. How smart is that? Now that is funny because it cost them a lot of men. George Washington wasn't smart...that time. Mr. Washington tried and tried again to capture Fort Duquesne but never did. The British built Fort Necessity near Fort Duquesne so they could try to capture it. Get this...Fort Necessity was in a "hole in the ground". The French and Indians surrounded them and Washington had to surrender. It wasn't until 1759 when the British actually won the war. If you didn't know already the reason why the French and Indian War started was because France claimed they owend the Ohio River Valley. When the Treaty of

[hr]
was signed in 1763, France had to give up all land in "America". Even though the British won their country was in great debt. Then all the stupid Acts came in place to help them regain that money that was lost. American's were outraged when the Stamp Act was created. That Act was just stupid in my opinion. A stamp on everything made of paper? Forgot to mention...there were Indians (falsely named) that helped the British. Sorry to give a lot of info but I like to debate about things in history.
I'm sayin this to everyone...Forget I mentioned Bush since it's causing problems. I didn't mean to get things fired up on here. Sorry 'bout that.

pontius

Just to let ya know Pontius it was the British who defeated the French and Indians.
just to let you know, it was the British AND American colonists who defeated the French and Indians. the United States was of course not it's own sovereign nation at that time, so you can say it was the British if you want, but you'd be wrong. the colonists fought in the war too.

mr. guitar

Colonists were forced to fight because they were under British rule. Americans weren't even considering the word Independence yet. That wasn't until after John Locke published his book.

pontius

Colonists were forced to fight because they were under British rule. Americans weren't even considering the word Independence yet. That wasn't until after John Locke published his book.
lmao, yeah, they were *forced* to fight because they would have preferred to have been run into the ocean and killed by the french and indians. lol.
no more, I"m done. I've no interest discussing any more history right now.