THEN AND NOW PHOTOS... thought this would be fun!

gregghia

There are tons of great pics on this site but who has and can post some good then and now photos. Was hoping to see some changes over time to encourage my patience! I was hoping to see people that took photos of their tank's in the first few months after rock and equipment was set and then some photos after a year or more with good growth. Curious to see how coral, coraline, fish etc have established and spread... specifically the corals! These tanks are like people... you don't see change over weeks but look back at it after a year or more and you are like wow can't be the same thing......

gregghia

Wow I like the corner bowfront, very nice. Have you seen any of those nice corals spread yet? Curious to see some corals that have started at like an inch and now taken over a whole rock!

grumpygils

Originally Posted by gregghia
There are tons of great pics on this site but who has and can post some good then and now photos. Was hoping to see some changes over time to encourage my patience! I was hoping to see people that took photos of their tank's in the first few months after rock and equipment was set and then some photos after a year or more with good growth. Curious to see how coral, coraline, fish etc have established and spread... specifically the corals! These tanks are like people... you don't see change over weeks but look back at it after a year or more and you are like wow can't be the same thing......
First week until now

gregghia

Grumpygils that is some sick coral action... very nice. What would you say is the fastest growing coral? Any isolated pics.

teen

and here it is today. sorry for the bad pics, the tanks a mess. ive been doing a lot of fragging and stuff, and everythings all over the place. plus i took these pics literally about 5 mins ago.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by gregghia
Grumpygils that is some sick coral action... very nice. What would you say is the fastest growing coral? Any isolated pics.
Hey Greg,
I am in Holly Springs, we need to hook up. The fastest growing coral I have is the pink/brown branching digitata (sp/name?). It is on the right of the tank and about fist size. I grew it from one 1.5" frag as big as a pencil lead. I now have several in other tanks. It turns pink when it gets larger. I will try to put up some old and new PICs.
Mc

gregghia

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Hey Greg,
I am in Holly Springs, we need to hook up. The fastest growing coral I have is the pink/brown branching digitata (sp/name?). It is on the right of the tank and about fist size. I grew it from one 1.5" frag as big as a pencil lead. I now have several in other tanks. It turns pink when it gets larger. I will try to put up some old and new PICs.
Mc
Hey I am in Raleigh of course by the RBC Center. Send me your email address. Wanted to know if you have any coral frags you are willing to part with. I don't have much but willing to pay!

wangotango

my tank was deliverd at the end of april of 2005, the first picture was taken on 7/5/05, and the second on 2/24/07 (my most recent pic).
-Justin

grumpygils

Originally Posted by pmike27
WOW very nice progress pics!!
A true then and now would be my nano and 20G. Whoops forgot original 20

ophiura

Great thread! Kudos to everyone, but the overall award I gotta give to grumpygils. From basically totally artificial to absolutely amazing!!!