Thermos trade list

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by king4345
Alright, then let's get the groundwork in place. We will have a zoo list, sps list, lps list, and shrooms on their own little level... I think a frag of 6 is good for zoos or a combination of frags to total 10 this way some wise guy doesn't send six singles... I definetly would like all of you to give some more suggestions I do like the whole concept and it is looking in the upward direction now so... I say we put someone in charge of each group ie; zoos, sps, and so on and so forth. This way there is one centralized person with their finger on the button. This could get to big for one person to monitor all the trades so if each captain monitors a certain type frag and relays any offender traders to the other captains all should have a lighter work load...

See, a little preplanning goes a long way
. JMO but lets not just rush and jump in cold. Set category mods and with each category the minimum with no max on each type. Once you get all that hammered out make a sub category in each main category I.e Jersey SPS, Jersey LPS, Jersey surprise category, Pennsylvania SPS, Pennsylvania LPS, Pennsylvania surprise and so on and so fourth. With each member a certain amount of information needs to be given , town, county and state, meeting locations I.e exit 99 on the GSP, willing to mail. With mailing out frags you can use the GLAD disposable Tupperware containers and a heat/cold pack placed in a zip lock freezer bag with some crunched up news paper and priority or over night shipping buyer choice. No one like to pay for shipping and find out it only cost the sender twenty bucks plus two dollars for a heat pack, and the buyer had to pay thirty five to fifty bucks, that makes people PO-ed. The whole point of frag trading is to get samples of species cheaper then buying a parent colony and save a lot of money. Start posting Ideas for some member rules and get votes in on each rule with a yes or no, majority rule.

king4345

I think that sharkbait9 is on to something here. I Think sharkbait9 should pick up a category mod position. Your choice.

sharkbait9

lets try and see how many peoples want to try and make this work. I think this may work, with some rules. Lets start a list, or do you have one of how many people in lets say the metropolitan area, ny nj, pa. Others states can join too, but they would be on the mailing list of categories. I would take a category but, lets start if off right, votes of members would be the deciding factor.

my way

I must commend you guys for the effort you are putting into this. I just wish my colonies were large enough so I could start fragging them. I do have a suggestion to help with the suprise idea, Have each person provide a pic of their tank with a brief description of their setup, such as lighting and flow. I think this would help prevent getting someting you already have or that is incompatible with what you already have.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by My Way
I must commend you guys for the effort you are putting into this. I just wish my colonies were large enough so I could start fragging them. I do have a suggestion to help with the suprise idea, Have each person provide a pic of their tank with a brief description of their setup, such as lighting and flow. I think this would help prevent getting someting you already have or that is incompatible with what you already have.
That’s a great idea, along with member info state, county, a pic of each tank with info. Awesome idea.

my way

I think you guys are on to something here and I volunteer to help out any way I can. I am currently working on a 30 gallon tank and all my corals are frags for a few reasons.
1- To save money (why buy a colony of something for $60-80 when you can get a frag for $15-20)
2- I'm not helping to deplete the reefs more than they already are
3- Most LFS's don't have the really colorful corals while private reefers do
4-To watch the tank grow and evolve