Thermos Trade- Read completly if participating

Well the package was like 4 pounds and something. I didn't want to have a lack of water for them and there was two frags in the box......so did you get them today?

reefforbrains

I had just typed the post about garanteed delivery time. When I was on way home from physical therapy I checked the box at around 4pm and it was empty. I just went back out and it was there in my mailbox. I am dripping them now. So you qualify for a total refund since it was not on time.

joojoo

Originally Posted by stangbabe1993
joojoo and rabidfrog did you get my package today
Yes, next time I suggest you ship an anemone in some water, no matter what people say. Mine came dead and looks like it was tossed in a blender

How is yours RabidFrog?

rabid frog

Did not get it. The ups man never came to my door and left the package at the office. The office management put a note in my mail box on their way home. So when my wife got the notice the office was closed. We will hope for the best.. I am getting it first thing in the morning. But I doubt it will be alive. :mad:

rabid frog

The anenome did not make it. What happened to the the thermos? I thought this was a thermos trade? The packaging was lacking, probably half the reason it did not make it. I thought we were supposed to send this stuff through UPS? I am kind of disappointed in this whole deal. I hope it worked out better for everyone else.

joojoo and rabidfrog I'm so sorry. they were saying we didn't have to use a thermos and i guess I'm to inexperienced at this. I will make it up to you guys.as soon as it splits again I will send you each one and this time I will do it differently. The one i have left is pretty big so it should split soon. No matter how long it takes I will get you each one. Now as far as the shipping what should i do differently thermos, next day express, more water in the bag less water, and if i use a thermos do you just put it it the thermos or bag it first. I hope this dosen't make anybody not want to trade with me. again I'm really really sorry. and joojoo how did you send yours to me i haven't recieved anything yet maybe tomorrow.
Kathy

reeforbrains i got your pkg. thhis morn everything is excellent i guess i should have looked at your shipping corals 101 first instead of after. i will make it up to them

rabid frog

Shipping in the bag is fine, but the point of a thermos trade is that if everyone buys a thermos that they will have one to ship the next time.
Shipping it in more water about 50/50 water to air in the bag. I know people say you can ship them dry, but that is a overnight express type of thing.
The anenome took 4 days to get here, it would not have made it no matter how you packaged it. I think it would need to be atleast 2nd day or overnight. I sent my zoa's second day for 26.00 Zoa's are a little more hardy than anenomes though. I would not use the postal service next time either. I would use Ups or fedex.
This was a first time so its expected to be a little rocky I guess. Maybe next time it will go a little bit smoother.
Ps. my wife said the dead anenome smell was the most tramatic thing she has ever experienced :scared:

joojoo

Originally Posted by Just Me
Joojoo, the psp arrived today. Thanks!
Ur Welcome
Kathy, I would always ship something alive with at least enough water to cover it in the bag. And for anemone, I would def go overnight from now on. You didn't get my package today?! I sent it in a huge styrofoam box. Let me know if you don't get it tomorrow either... dang I didn't keep the receipt...

joojoo

Originally Posted by rabid frog
Ps. my wife said the dead anenome smell was the most tramatic thing she has ever experienced :scared:
As soon as I opened the box the smell hit me, horrible doesn't describe it

Thanks rabid frog....I got mine yesterday and they looked great. It was a little cool and had left the rock but I put the polyps onto one of my other rocks and wedged it. It will be great in a day or so; I know they will attach. They are a great color!
So mine was late Reefforbrains???? After I was raising a fit about the cost...lol! Let me know how they turn out today!!! This is my first ship out how was the packaging? THANKS AGAIN

well thats what i thought about the thermos thing but some said they weren't using a theroms and i sent these priority to. next time I will do express. i got reefforbrains pkg. the next morning by 11 am and it was only 18.00. so I guess I will do it that way next time. i thought i had enogh water in. it covered it. I think its going to split again the one i have left was really really huge tonite when i got home. so rabidfrog you will get it as soon as it does. then joo joo you will get it next. and again I'm really sorry.
joo joo what were the frags you sent me? I kind of know the orange thing ( just not the name) but what are the other things they are really tiny. I didn't get yours til today I hope they are ok the orange thing looks ok i wasn't sure what the tiny flat piece was is that the star polyps. and where should the orange thing go right now i have it in the sand

reefforbrains

Just_fishing:
Packing was very good, but huge, you had half gallon of water in each bag lol
also: why did you ship me the piece of river rock? I was looking at it like "what the hell is this?" I did put it in the tank as it was obviously in yours. Had some coraline on it, but why did you ship it? Dont get me wrong, I appreciate it, but when I opened the box I was scratching my head about it.
Long story short- yes package arrived in great shape, but it did arrive late. No issue to me but the fact it was not here by 3pm entitles you to a refund on the shipping cost from the PO.

joojoo

Are you serious? I sent all of my trades out the same day and everybody got them 2 days ago... I'm keeping a receipt next time...
I sent a Yellow Gorgonian, a slice of PSP, and I cut a branch off of a Capnella frag. I hope they survived 4 days...

rabid frog

Just_Fishing did your zoa's open up for ya? Let me know if they make out ok. I sent a pretty big frag so you should have some no matter what. Hope they all make it though :cheer:

ReefForBrains:
The "river rock" was what the xenia was growing on??? I take it you didn't get it alive? I didn't want nothing to go wrong, so yes I put plenty of water! I got mine in a small cup of water but they look great so I guess I am still learning. Has the false coral opened up yet?
The post office said they had it there at 2:09 so no refund but it will be O.K. !