they disappeared

fbm

I have never see a green one. Mine look like they are all grey.
Very nice pic.

promisetbg

I lost all mine too, to polyclad flatworms. Google them...insidious critters that come out at night only to eat all your snails. By the way..that is a stomatella varians. My guess is something..either what I mentioned..or a bad crab/ mantis shrimp is eating them.

promisetbg

Originally Posted by shogun323
Nice to see you back Promisetbg!!!
Thanks so much, sweet of you to say so. Good to be back. I have to go act like I'm working now..be back later.

N

nemo_66

are those slug things in the picture good or bad for a reef? i have seen one or two in my tank which i plan on making a reef. thanks and sorry for hijacking the thread

richarl5

I believe that they are good, which is why I'm kind of confused why they disappeared. Maybe they were eaten... :notsure:

michaeltx

Tizzo is the photo credit.
the snail is
Stomatella varia aka Cap Snail, are a microalgae grazing snail. They are a common hitchhiker that is sought out by many hobbiests. They are generally nocturnal and reach a maximum size of about an inch. As the name implies, they can be found in a variety of colors.
Broadcast spawner
Easily propogated
Desireable

T

tizzo

Hey, they can call it a Tizzo if they want. LOL
Or maybe a stomatizzo.
Anyway, mine all died off to...not sure why. I found their tiny empty, yet cleaned out shells often.

bronco300

Or maybe a stomatizzo

lolol, i like stomatizzo!,lololol

rabid frog

I have a bunch too. Probably a few 100 of them in my 75. Im pretty sure hermits will eat them if given the chance. Other than that I dont have any preditors in my tank. I have 1 fish. A little 2 inch target mandarin goby.
My guess is somethin ate them or something in your tank changed and they just do not propagate anymore. I am not sure what the life span of them are.

michaeltx

Originally Posted by tizzo
Or maybe a stomatizzo.
sounds like a new mazzios pizza LOL
Mike

promisetbg

Originally Posted by richarl5
I believe that they are good, which is why I'm kind of confused why they disappeared. Maybe they were eaten... :notsure:
There is also a worm that could eat them..google Oenone.

kpk

You could also have Pyramidal (pyramidae?) snails that feed on snails, clams, and other mollusks. I had them and lost alot of snails.