They look like Ants.....

gnorman

ok, so i was observing my LR in my tank and so far i have seen a couple of hitch hikers ( i don't think they are bad b.c one just looks like a little feather duster- but a lot smaller and its pure white. i don't know how else to explain it)
but then i looked very closely and i saw a bunch of little things crawling/swimming around. they look like little ants but a lot smaller. they are almost microscopic and the small ones have a beige white color to them and the bigger ones ( not by much) are white. they look like ants just crawling around but i have no clue. does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about and if you do are they good or bad for the tank???
thanks for your help
eric-

subvillian

i have had my tank for over a year and ahalf an see thos little things all time they have never cused any harm to anything in my tank. But not sure really what they are or what they do.

gnorman

yes! thank you for your help. i was hoping thats what they were. b.c im going to get a leopard wrasse in about 6 months and i think thats its main diet....
thanks for your help

bang guy

Without a picture or a very detailed description I can only guess. I'd guess that they are Munnid Isopods.

ifirefight

I have the same thing,especially on one larger piece of LR that is almost completely deep purple. The white "dots" show up great on the purple. Yes the are like micro ants and very fun to watch.