They're everywhere!!!

chickadee

mini dusters!!! they're ALL OVER my LR!!! i've had my tank for 2 years, and about 4 or 5 months ago, i discovered this little duster. So i turned the piece of LR around so i could see it. Well, after looking really closely, i found another much smaller one... i kept looking, and BAM, i hit the motherload!!! I've identified at least 3 dozen mini dusters all over my LR, and i'm still finding them! I can see where their little white tubes have made their way out of the LR, so i guess they've just been living in the depths of my LR and have finally been able to make their ways out... i'm sooo thrilled! I just keep finding them everywhere!!! I hope they all get as big as the other one i found, cause he's gotten bigger too...
oh yeah, my LFS is selling this piece of LR (for $7.99/lb and it's 10 lbs), and it has a duster on it that is the size of a large softball! It was the biggest one i've ever seen!!! I wanted to buy it, but i think that $80 for a duster is a little extreme!

chickadee

AND, i don't really need LR, actually i don't really have room for a piece that big... i guess a lot of people agree with me that it's not worth $80 cause it's been there for at least a month or two...

W

winstew

yea its amazing how LR differes from location to location

chickadee

yeah, i only order mine online... you get really great deals, and who cares if it's uncured? it's not that difficult to cure it, IMO.

brandons

mine cost 6.57 a pound. My one rock is ~23lbs and I wasn't going to get it since it was such a large peice, but I'm glad I did. It has like 8 mini feather dusters on it so far. They've been multiplying ever since I got it. One of them is actually red as opposed to the others so I'm not sure how that happened.

chickadee

my new leather coral had a bright red coco worm on the piece of rock that was attached to it. i just thought all of my hitchikers died due to the MAJOR spike in ammonia when i first cycled my tank...

michaeltx

a sign of a healthy tank!! congrats.
they will spread everywhere!! even into the sand bed after they colonize the rocks..
Mike

reefrobert

I purchased my LR from saltwaterfish.com , 30 lbs of it, and I liked it. I did not want to pay the 7.99 a pound either!

chickadee

wooohoooo!!! if you were to look at my tank right now, though, you would retract that statement, michael...

i got mine for $1.99/lb and free shipping... it's fabulous!!!

chickadee

hells yeah! I want it so bad, too!
that's where i get all of my corals. i want that pot belly pig they have... she's so cute!!!

michaeltx

well a tank can be healthy and look horrible from algae and such.
mine look horrible for awhile cause I couldnt get the glass clean and stuff like that but as far as the water it was very healthy tank but to look at it you wouldnt be able to tell It LOL
this is just after lights on now this really looks like crap right LOL
:notsure:
Mike

michaeltx

same tank a with all the corals opened up a little later on than the first pic but still looks alittle better LOL
but still healthy.
mike

michaeltx

I think its looks kinda "dirty" in those pics like an unkept tank LOL
I cant wait to start getting my 58 going strong!!
Mike