Things I will Never Add To My Tank Again

reefkprz

purple up, flake food, cheap salt mixes, mushrooms, xenia, anthelia, aiptasia(yeah right it'll happen again), beer (dont ask).

paintballer768

Maxijet powerheads, flake food, green star polyps (just beginning to realize what type of a plague Im in for), mushrooms, cheap brown zoanthids.
Most of all. I cannot stress this enough. I had a "cool looking" red macroalgae in my tank. Its red bubble algae. I went to ship off a rock and it was COMPLETELY 100% COVERED on the backside, I nearly had a heart attack. Ignorance doesnt solve anything! All bubble algae must die

A

alexmir

Will never add tap water, anymore mushrooms, the boogers are evrywhere already. xenia(even though some of it is really pretty), expensive shrimp (get eaten too quick), live rock that i didnt cure myself (dont take peopes word for it)

Even though its not a coral I would never add a mystery wrasse again it killed 8 other wrasses in a year, and it was the last wrasse in the tank.

scopus tang

Carnation Coral
Just couldn't keep the sucker alive. Agree with the others as well.
I've kept Xenia under control by gluing a rock high on the overflow wall. Since it tends to spread upward, it can only go so far, and so far no spreading else where in the tank (knock on wood).
GSP makes a wonderful island coral ~ a single rock out on the sand bed, far enough away that it can't spread to other rocks (as groupergenius said). It can easily be trimmed back with a pair of scissors. Take the pieces you trim off, superglue to another rock and take to your LFS and sell/trade for credit.

robdog696

I'll never buy another wrasse. They are the most beautiful fish. But after my $150 mystery wrasse went Adolph Hitler on my shrimp he decided he was bipolar and did his best Kurt Cobain over the edge of my tank.
Golden Angel- Should be renamed the Kate Moss fish
Stop Aptasia- I guess because it's green tangs think it's food

Blueberry Gorgonian- Not a big financial loss, but something I should have known better than to buy.
And thanks to this thread I will not buy a flame scallop. Thanks!

gohabsgo

Never again a lawnmower blenny,first one was already starving wen i bought it,second one was trained by the store to only eat bloodworm!!

reefkprz

when using it it doses both calcium AND Iodine so you cant use it unless your low on both with out risking driving the other element up to OD levels. I personally dont think it really dioes anything nature doesnt do on its own. I have started tanks with and without PU and never saw anydifference in coraline growth rates. Its just a waste of money IMO

btwk12

ive never used it but i saw a guy at my lfs bying some the other day, just askin because i was thinkin about getting some. not now though!

jaymz

oh hell i dont wanna hear this, i have some of this stuff in my tank, i have GSP and yellow polps..i can see how gsp must be a nuisence it has hitched a ride on most of the decent sized zoa rocks i have bought. I got some super metallic green gsp that way.
It was good to read this i moved my gsp out to the sand bed. i had it on big peice of rock that it was about to spread its mat too.