Think I can add another fish?

rook

I have a pair of maroon clowns and a bta in a 29 gallon reef. The bta is about in the middle of the tank.
Do you think I could add one more fish? And if so, what would you suggest?

bdhough

You could add two fish if you wanted. One that swims around and a bottom hugger. Or 2 bottom/rock huggers. Shouldn't be a problem with the filtration you have. Good buy on the ecosystem and so much live rock.

rook

I was thinking of a sixline wrasse, except I am unsure of how detrimental it would be to the critters that are needed for the sandbed, or a blenny or goby of some type.
My clowns are quite teritorial. They don't even like me in their tank. They bite me all the time, except I have been hand feeding lately in an attempt to make them like me more.

ozadars

Maroons are extreemlty agresive and territorial, i wouldnt put another fish, ofcourse u can put gobies, blennies or something like chromis, there are lots of options but maroons also get too big, i mean i wouldnt add any fish to this tank and make a maroon tank, i ld pay attention to my corals and clams more, also u can add more anemones, some anemone crabs and some anemone shrimps and sexy shrimps, and that hermit which has anemones on his shell, i would do like that, i think could be cool, i wouldnt put swimmer fish, but a very colourful and rare goby could be cool too

rook

Yeah maybe a goby is the way to go, IF I decide to get another fish. Chromis are not good though. Chromis and Damsel families are natural enemies to clowns and typically do not mix well, despite what some sites may say.
Anyone ever have a midas blenny??

overanalyzer

a female maroon could get as large as 4 inches. Her mate would be about 2-3 inches .... not to mention if they do breed then the male clown will guard the eggs in a ferocious manner. Prior to the egg laying the female will guard her section of reef with equal vigor.
Personally - I would not add another fish. if you do - prior to including the fish I would re-arrange the rock work some in order create a new look and create new territory.
HTH

overanalyzer

Originally posted by Melody
Overanalyzer,
I don't plan on keeping the Maroons in the 29 forever. I just had to put them there because of the aggression in dispay tank. I am currently looking at a bow front tank for them & make it semi aggressive.

A while back someone had a 90+ gallon bowfront with pics of a mated pair of maroons with a niger trigger ... cool combo with lots of LR and some mushrooms and stuff ....

dfishh

sixline prolby wont bother inverts or anything, but 29 gallons may be too small for it. however, u could probly get away with it. i disagree with ozadars bout putting another anemone in, since the tank is pretty small, the bta will most likely sting another anemone. neon gobies r cool, and they do clean.
DAVE

killafins

i would strongly recommend a bottom feeder: a lawnmower blenny (those guys are great)... or anything really that will not only bring excitement but also help your tank.