Think I have some pods, not sure, help

damselz

I noticed some tiny things on my glass that are moving around. They are 2 different shapes and appear to be clear. One looks like a very tiny serpent star with a round center and 4 or 5 legs (for lack of a better) exteneding from it that seem to blow around with the current. The second shape looks like the character plankton from SpongeBob Squarepants. Looks almost like a bug. Are these pods or are they bad?

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by damselz
I noticed some tiny things on my glass that are moving around. They are 2 different shapes and appear to be clear. One looks like a very tiny serpent star with a round center and 4 or 5 legs (for lack of a better) exteneding from it that seem to blow around with the current. The second shape looks like the character plankton from SpongeBob Squarepants. Looks almost like a bug. Are these pods or are they bad?
The pods are a good sign, the sign of a maturing tank and eat detrius! A TINY serpant star also beneficial! really cool to look like and will also eat detrius and scavange both probably hitchikers on your LR..

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by damselz
are these the things that dragonets eat? so i don't need to do anything about them?
You do not need to worry about anything eating them, they are NATURAL food for your aquarium. Anything that wants to eat them will and anything that doesnt want to eat them will leave them alone! Do a search in this forum for "PODS" to read more. You will see more time than none,, This is the only food that "dragonettes" ea Mandarins will eat.