thinking about moving?!? wondering what i should do?

jrbarker

hello everyone,
i have a question about what to do :notsure: . i am thinking about moving about 10 hours from my current location and i am wondering if my fish can handle the move or what i should do cause i know that i need to have the new water cycle and be sure that everything is going to be correct before i put my charished fish in side the tank. what i should do if i do decide to move. i have four four clown fish and four damnsels in a 29 gallon tank. so if any one has any suggestions i would greatly appriciate it.
ryan

if any fish can handle it, it would be the fish you listed. I`ve moved recently and the thing that worked best for me for transporting fish was a old used Instant Ocean saltwater bucket with a small powerhead in there for circulation. If it is somehow possible try to keep the fish in as much oxygen you can, put a powerhead or even an airstone in there.

socal57che

I moved from Dayton, OH to Oceanside,CA and lost the whole enchilada on day 9. They made it through the freezing cold and mountains then the desert of southern AZ and CA. They died the evening before we moved in. (hotel 9 miles from destination)
If we'd had some way to do water changes I'm convinced they would have been fine. We used several 7 gal buckets w/heat and an aerator plumbed to all the buckets. We switched the heaters back and forth and had to watch closely as the power inverter was overloading the lighter socket. I think that you could easily go 10 hrs. Completely empty your tank. Even a small amount of weight in it without water can cause cracks during transport. I would assume that when you set back up you will need to watch for the system to cycle before putting your fish back in as you will be releasing all the trates, etc. from your sandbed in the takedown/move.