Thinking of buying tube worm

gil5280

Hello, I am thinking of buying a tube worm this weekend. All I have in the tank is xenia, mushrooms this weekend also, and a fish. I dont feed the coral anything, so would that effect the worm at all?
The tank is a month of, cycled all the way. Its a 5 gallon pico, do they usually last a while?

1guydude

do the worms last awhile? Do u have a decent amount or LR and LS? Give ur tank a couple more months and im sure a feather duster would do fine in it! Wat fish were u thinking of? That tank is tiny...not even a nano, its a pico!

gil5280

Nano, pico whatever lol, its 5 gallons. its a hex tank. I have a orchid dottyback that I will be moving eventually to a 30 gallon. MAybe a shrimp/goby pair later? not sure yet. its mainly a small reef tank. I just wanted to buy a feather duster this weekend. The tank is running perfect, and yea there is live sand and rock. I think i might just get it this saturday if its a good price.

1guydude

well how old is ur tank? Im sure itll be okay...they are mainly filter feeders so put it were some flow is and next a piece of LR!

gil5280

Actually, now looking into it (since this is a birthday present) I think I may just ask for the Yellow Watchman goby instead lol, its a really nice looking fish. But yea, the tube worm would come later then i guess. I think the tank would be able to support it, but since its a filter feeder, Im going to wait a month or two

flower

I have never lost a feather duster to a new tank. They are all SUPER easy, set them in the rocks with a gentle flow of water and enjoy them for years. The shorter ones like the sandbed. All that is required to keep them is that you leave them alone.
Meowzer has a bright green one, then there are fountian worms (awesome) and hard tubed coco worms, all are easy and beautiful. A little Kents Microvert once a week and your good.
Fan worm rocks is something I have not had, but I'm sure even those are the same. I did have a purple feather duster cluster....I loved it.