Thinking of Selling 90g

stuntmanjp

Sadly, I am thinking of selling my 90 gallon reef tank that I have had for about 2 years. I have been in the hobby now for about...oh 5 or 6 years and just do not seem to enjoy my tank anymore. With how busy my lifestyle is, and recently purchasing my first house I just do not have the time or money for it anymore. I am just wondering how much I could get out of my whole system money wise?
This is what the whole system consists of:
Supplies:
-90 Gallon Corner Overflow Perfecto Aquarium
-Black 75/90 Gallon Stand
-Custom made Black Canopy
-48" Outer Orbit Metal Halide 516w Fixture (2-150w Phoenix bulbs, 4-54w T5 bulbs, 9 white led and 9 blue led moonlights)
-10 Gallon DIY Acrylic Refugium w/ Power Compact light
-Rena Filstar XP4 Canister Filter
-Mag 9 return pump
-Aqua C Remora Skimmer w/ Mag 3 pump
-300w Stealth Heater for Aquarium
-150w Stealth Heater for refugium
-Various Powerheads
Livestock:

-Over 100 lbs. of Live Rock
-4 inch Regal Tang
-5 inch Maroon Clown
-3 inch Clarkii Clown
-5 inch Diamond Goby
-Blood Red Fire Shrimp
-2 Peppermint Shrimp
-2 Flame Scallops
-Various Snails and Hermit Crabs
-4 inch Dersea Clam
-Around 23 Mushroom Polyps ranging from 1 inch to 4 inches.
-Frogspawn frag about 3 inches when open
-1 starter block of Starburst Polyps
-2 rocks covered in about 4 x 2 inches of Starburst Polyps
I am probably forgetting some things, but that is the just of the setup! Any ideas on how much this all would be worth?

snakeblitz33

The entire setup estimate I would say... with all of the used equipment, a good $1500 dollars.
However, for someone to take it off your hands, you are going to have to lower your price to 600 to 800 just to get a bite.
Good luck!

95harley

Due to the fact that the entire set-up is probaly worth over $1000 and no one will offer you that for it it is better to part it out.
1. Sell Livestock
2. Rock
3. Any add on accessories (Skimmer, return pumps , etc)
4. Finally sell tank, stand, and canopy.
This takes longer but will probably get you more in the long run that selling it all together to someone who doesn't understand or appreciate all the stuff you have.

matt b

Originally Posted by 95Harley
http:///forum/post/2466962
Due to the fact that the entire set-up is probaly worth over $1000 and no one will offer you that for it it is better to part it out.
1. Sell Livestock
2. Rock
3. Any add on accessories (Skimmer, return pumps , etc)
4. Finally sell tank, stand, and canopy.
This takes longer but will probably get you more in the long run that selling it all together to someone who doesn't understand or appreciate all the stuff you have.
+1

snakeblitz33

Yeah, I agree with 95harley.
I would personally sell it off little by little, unless you find someone who is willing to take it off your hands for 1500 or more.