Thinking

mpdan

I have a 75gal tank that I have wanted to make into a reef tank but it seems I can never afford to make the big change over. So im sitting here looking at a 15gal I have, 24x12x12, thinking this might be my best route for a reef tank. Before I sell the idea to myself is it possible to do? What options do I have with a 15g tank? am I limited to certain types of coral? I understand some things get too big for this tank. Thanks

atrain5851

As long as your water quality is good through biological, mechanical and chemical filtration and have good lighting you can have a successful reef tank in a tank that size. My reef is 10g. Just make sure you keep up on maintenance.

nissan577

for a 15g the reef should be fine. like stated above the maintenance should be on check like weekly water changes, etc. for a filtration you can do a aquaclear 110 and make it into a refugium. with online searching you will fine one. and you can do a nice HOB skimmer. for lights i would do a clip on MH HQI or a t5 set if they have a nice good one. sand a 10lb back would be nice. 15lbs or so of live fiji rock. a koralia 1 from the old school versions or a 750 for a nice amount of flow.

mpdan

Thanks for the replies I would like t-5s how much lighting would i need to not have restrictions on corals?