Thirsty?

nm reef

Just curious...'cause I brewed up a Monday afternoon 6-pak...
Poor lighting...and the color was off...but here is my Euphyllia ancora ... started less than half this size. You can't see them but there are several new branchs starting to develope along both main branchs. Before long I'll be able to frag this one the same as I do my frogspawn. A fellow reefer here in Clovis is already anticipitating the first frag.

nm reef

Next is a peek at my squamosa and a couple of neighbors. Several corals that did so so in my 55 have shown dramatic improvement in the new display...that little boulder brain was near death......and has since recovered nicely. Even showing signs of growth......in the old lighting it lost more than half its origional size. Both clams are seemingly in great health...that aquamosa is about two years old now and has never looked better.

nm reef

Number three is a group shot of corals in the bottom center of my display.This area is slightly shaded due to the center brace on the aquarium...I like the effect visually and it provides a less light intense area for some corals that do better with lower lighting levels...at least they seem to prefer the shade to dirct 400 watt MH's.....:)

nm reef

This ius another view of the center...I tried to simulate a small canyon when I set the LR...not as dramatic as some landscaping jobs...but I think it provides a bit of depth...or at least the illusion of depth. That cynarina is well over two years old and is another drastically improved speciman under the new lighting.

nm reef

Last peek into my mini canyon under the center brace. Several of these corals were doing well under the old PC's& VHO's...but they are looking much better after adjusting to the new lighting system.

nm reef

Last shot from todays 6-pak is a look at the lower right section of my reef. The gorgonian is starting to show exceptional growth and I believe it will also be fragged and shared in the near future. The sarcophyton was in truble for a while but has since adapted real well also....it is looking better by the day.

nm reef

Tricked ya!!!:D
Got one more to add...a look at the guardians of the reef...the only other fish I currently keep are a pair of ORA perculas and a newly added bi color blenny. These guys always draw lots of attention when folks come to visit...:yes:

nm reef

Originally posted by DBGT
whats the big hairy yellow coral on the side?:)

Not sure which one you are curious about...but I think its my colony of yellow polyps. Started as a single hitchhiker almost three years ago and I know wish I could be rid of them. Very aggressive grower and tends to be a pest.

nm reef

Originally posted by neoreef
Marvelous, NM reef.

Well thank ya neoreef...been to any Cards games? I miss my visits to Busch Stadium!!! Life long Cards fan and former resident of Southeast Missouri.......Go Cards!!!!!!!!!