This enough lighting for a reef tank in a 125g?

beatlesfan

I am planning on keeping some kind of anemones and some mainly soft corals. I was looking around and found these lights and really like them. Here they are:
3x 150 or 250watt MH
4x39w Actinic 460nm (blue)
4x39w Actinic 420nm (purple)
12 blue leds/12 white leds
All together about 760 watts w/ 250watts its 1,067 watts
Also, although of topic, is it possible to keep two different anemone species in one tank?

dude23455

yeah, that will be more than enough light. I would think should be able to keep just about anything in that tank.

wangotango

as for the different species of anemone, if you space them out and run carbon i dont think you'll have much of a problem. usually they compete chemically.
-Justin

promisetbg

Carbon will not deter the anemone from knowing there is another in the tank, some will war..some will not.

wangotango

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Carbon will not deter the anemone from knowing there is another in the tank, some will war..some will not.
i was implying that any chemicals released by the anemone would be filtered out by the carbon, not that the carbon would prevent them from fighting. kinda like with leathers and sps.
-Justin

promisetbg

Yes, I see what you are saying..but it does not work. Most anemones are not happy when there is another in the tank. Carbon or not. The only time anemones generally 'get along' is when they are clones of themself, and that does'nt even work 100% of the time. We cut a red carpet and two of the parts stung each other bad.