This has appeared on my live rock, what is it?

star27624

I purchased this live rock about a month ago. I noticed about a week ago that I had this pale pinkish/beige thing growing. I have actually found a total of 3 now. They all appear to have 4-5 "fingers". Any Ideas?

star27624

Ok, I have been digging around the Internet for a few days now trying to figure out what these critters are. I came across this picture of a foram, and it looks very similar to my critters. Opinions?

spanko

The only forams I have personally seen are the redorangepinkish color you show in the picture in post#2. That only means that it is the only color I have seen, not that there may be some other colors.
That said I have read that Foraminifera can bleach just like any coral can and it is the symbiotics that give the coral and forams their color. So if this is a new tank setup and the rock has been recently bought this could be a bleached foram.

cranberry

Yuppers! Many different colours. Wait now...do you mean a multicoloured single specimen or just that the specimens can be a solid red or yellow or purple.....