this is by no means my aquarium but i can dream...

rdub62

i was not even worried about the feeding. he could just dump a bunch of gold fish or other fish in there with all those arowwana's (sp) i'd be more worried about cleaning it since he is in a wheel chair..and even if he wasn't half his fish are his size or larger and have teeth as long as my finger...LOL.
but yeah i want one of these when i get out of college and what not. except i'll make mine saltwater :D

rdub62

i always thought snakehead was the 'slang' so to speak for arrowana's? because arrowana is indian or chinese or something? could swear i read this somewhere but unsure sorry.

soulsigma

The up-keep and the start up cost would be a bit much for me, but it is a nice tank and I hope you accomplish this some day and post pic for us to enjoy

ca161406

Originally Posted by soulsigma
http:///forum/post/3045799
The up-keep and the start up cost would be a bit much for me, but it is a nice tank and I hope you accomplish this some day and post pic for us to enjoy

i would imagine it would be the same as keeping a pool clean, yet maybe not cuz no chlorine

rigdon87

dude ive seen that tank before! type in monster fish tanks on youtube. its in that guys basment it shows em buildin the whole thing

nycbob

those r not arowanas, bc i hv kept many in the past. those r gars, which can grow up to 12 feet long. they r from florida and a few r from south america.

tonysi

They're neither,they are Arapaima.Much bigger than arowanas and gars.There was also red tail cats in there too as well as pacus.

rigdon87

them redtails are pretty cool.I had a two foot one in my 180 but he out grew that and started to eat all my fish

tonysi

Originally Posted by Rigdon87
http:///forum/post/3047229
them redtails are pretty cool.I had a two foot one in my 180 but he out grew that and started to eat all my fish

I hate when they start to eat your other fish.
I had one that ate one of my altum angelfish.

hammerhed7

I don't believe this tank is running anymore, heard something about the excess moisture rotting his house. Not sure if its the same guy though.