This is my Fish Only 100

ledzep fan

Ok, the lion needs a much bigger tank. Also your sailfin tang has HLLE. I would start to try and treat it because it looks like it is bad. All those fish need a tank of at least 180.
Not trying to bash you or anything, just think about your fish

S

surfinusa

the last pic looks the best, but i agree the fish do need a bigger tank

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by mygatt
the last pic looks great, but what happened to all the fish?
yeah all i see is the lion unless they are really good hiders :happyfish

greenwolf52

they do hide pretty good, however that is a very old pic. taken at the beginning of that system. lion was alone at that point. is it just me or does my tank look kind of boring? everything seems so dead to me even though i know there's not too much death going on. everyone is quite alive lately. just needs more color, i think. anyone? class? anyone?

greenwolf52

i'm thinking maybe some coralline growth. never seemed to catch in this system. it's about 9 months old so i think i just never had it started. what would be a good way to get that going? after all of this time?

stanlalee

I cant say how good or bad it looks because I think most of the drab look comes from your photography. I see its the same lighting in the 1rst pics as the last good looking pic so I can only assume you need to increase your exposure time on the other pics. The Lion is ready for an upgrade (though they dont do much but mope around anyway) but that sailfin is absolutely huge. I would say its grown past even the 180g mark. In the meantime you want to start soaking its foods in vitamins and I dont know your feeding habbits but an algae sheet daily along with whatever else your feeding would be appropriate. supposedly inadequate amounts of beta carotine and greens in particular cause that condition and supplementing those help reverse it.

psusocr1

IMO take thew lion any tangs and any other larege fish out of there and start a new tankw ith smaller more colrofull looking fdish since you want more of that.. those fish in there shouldnt be in there anyway so i would start over.. also those damsels or chromis int here wont be in there very long either if you have a healthy lion because he will stalk them until he eats them!

ophiura

Originally Posted by greenwolf52
some say that him eating silversides could cause this. i may need to qt him when i feed my lionfish

It is pretty easy to target feed the lion with a feeding stick, and ideally it wouldn't be too much silversides anyway (actually, the lion should also not just be getting one type of food - try also shrimp, pieces of squid, etc....there are even some frozen formulations that are basically gel based that would be good to diversify with). The important thing for the tang is that it has access to greens - whether clipped or use a rubber band on a rock.

greenwolf52

Well...I'm now without my Lionfish and my Sailfin, and recently swapped out my wet/dry for a 30g sump/fuge. Restructured the rockscape last week. Looking to add something else to this system, but not too sure what. My wife wants a Porcupine Puffer.
Ideas?