This is our fav fish!

T

thomas712

A nice juvenile emperor to be sure. Had one once.
What and how often do you feed it?
If it survives in your tank did you know that you will need a larger space for it someday? say about a 135+ gallon tank!?
Do you know about the color change from juvi to adult?
Welcome to the board Avery

Thomas

A

avery

I would LOVE to have a huge aquarium. They are gorgeous in the adult stage as well!
What happened to you little guy?
We feed him brine shrimp and an algae and seaweed mixture everyday around 4:00 pm.
Any suggetions?

gasguzzler

Mix in some raw seafood like pieces of shrimp or scallop soaked in a multivitiamin. Or maybe even a clam on the half shell. Mine always used to love it.

tjswanson

Here is my Adult Emperor Angel, King Louie (his name) is an African Emperor and would retail for about 250$

A

avery

Your fish is awesome....have you had him since he was juvenile? He is absolutely gorgeous!:happyfish

tjswanson

I work at a LFS and I went to our wholeseller and picked out that Emperor Angel. They had some about twice his size and they were a little bit cheaper because they were Indonesian, but the African Emperor was the only one eating the live brine he was being fed. His colors still aren't AWESOME yet, but they are getting better. He has some blouches and his colors are still pale, but he eats like a freakin pig. I think he is still a young adult and that is why his colors haven't fully developed. I have owned a lot of fish and never had a fish eat as much food as that Adult Emperor does. The other Angel (Majestic Angel) I also hand picked and had in my tank for awhile, but once I got the Emperor I sold the Majestic to a friend who I knew would take really good care of her.

B

big pete

are angels really hard to take care of? i have a flame angel in my 60 and he has been in there for about a year now doing great. is there a difference in hardiness between dwarf and large angels?...we just set up a 200 gallon and hopefully later on we could put in a juv. emperor! thanks

alec 25

Yea the dwarfs are easier to take care of,than the big angels
:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish