This is what I am buying...

invincible569

For my 100G (60x20x18) Acrylic tank.. Please comment. I want to make sure I am getting a good deal and also good products for my reef tank:
Lighting:
Aquaspacelight 3 - 250 watt HQI Metal Halide with 4 - 24 watt Osram true 03 actinic power compact in a powder coated silver extruded aluminum housing.… 65 $1099.99
Sump:
Myreefcreations.com The Reef Sump is 36"x18"x18". It has a built in refugium with slow flow capabilities. It also has 3 baffles to help reduce bubbles going back in to the main show tank. A large skimmer/overflow compartment allows you to fit larger skimmers or equipment in the sump. $330
RO/DI Unit:
Hi-S Maxxima RO-DI 60/day $259.99
Sand:
(5 bags)Caribsea Aragamax Oolitic Select 30 lb. bag…$94.95
Protein Skimmer:
Euro-Reef CS6-2 Protein Skimmer, 250 gal. capacity, 24 inch H by 10-1/2 inch by 13 inch. Includes Sedra 5000 pump.… 18 $378
Heater:
350 watt Titanium Pro-Heat II aquarium heater with remote digital temperature controller, Won Brothers. 24 per case.… 2 $48.99

T

thomas712

Two comments:
On the lighting - OMG :eek: I'm no MH expert but I would hope that someone can come up with a better less expensive option.
On the heaters- I don't think you need two 350 watters. A couple of 250 would be fine.
Other than that looks fine to me.
Thomas

djpom1

You do not need that big of heaters, but as for your lighting, I have almost the same light and I paid 1153.00. You are getting a good price, I looked everywhere.

invincible569

Thanks everyone for your replies. I figured that the heater costs $5 more than the others.. and its only one.. not several.
What would be a good chiller for this size tank? Again, thanks for your replies.

richard rendos

Everywhere that I have read, says the Euro-Reef CS6-2 is rated for 100 gallons...not 250. You have a 100 gallon tank though so you should be good...euro-reef makes great skimmers.
A good chiller for that size tank would be a 1/4 HP. Aqualogic makes a great 1/4 HP chiller that is very quiet.

invincible569

hmmm... well glad I didnt get too small of a skimmer. :)
How about this for a chiller? Richard said 1/4. I always like to go one step above. :)
AquaLogic:
ch-ALCY-4
1/3 Horsepower Cyclone Water Chiller with Drop-In Titanium Coil, 115 volt. Uses 7.2 amps, 4,050 BTU removal capacity, flow rate of 10 GPM minimum past coil. Unit comes with 5 feet flexible refrigeration line. Requires electronic temperature controller (sold separately). Uses ozone friendly refrigerant (134A). Dimensions 19 inch x 14 inch x 11 inch (LxWxH). Coil diameter is 3 inches in diameter. Coil length is 10 inches long.
Weight: 65 Lbs.
Price: $699.99