This is what we do on Saturday nights around here.

silverado61

Use Diazinon. Sprinkle it on the Ant hills and they carry it into the nest on their legs and kills the larva. Sprinkle it around your house up against the foundation and it will keep any critters from coming into your house. As far as wasps or bees, I can't remember the name but theres a white powder that puff onto the nest (above ground) and it kills them and the larva. Ace Hardware has it. And for underground nests, watching your video, you did exactly what you should do. But don't throw more gas on it as your burning. If any gets on you, your going to end up a human torch. Just pour 2 cups into the nest, wait 1-2 minutes for the fumes from the gas the penatrate it (the fumes are what burns), then stand back and toss a match on it because it will shoot fire like a big blow torch. It's awesome to watch.

silverado61

PS: Don't get any of the Diazinon on you. It's really lethal. If you do, scrub up like your going into surgery.

I didn't do any lighting. LOL It was my bro in law and dad. I honestly felt bad about pouring gasoline into the ground. I have tried every green method I could find online. But I have 2 nieces that are only 2years and 8 months old. They love being outdoors. I just couldn't risk them getting stung. And they already stung my chocolate lab. :(
So far it seems like the gas method worked. I did find another nest, and we torched it two nights ago. I've still seen some yellow jackets flying around. It's possible there is more nests, but we live in a very wooded area. So they may be hard to find. I'm just hoping to get their numbers down, and keep destroying their nests. Hopefully it'll discourage them from this area, and maybe cold weather will take care of the rest.
We've lived here since 1990, and this is the first year I remember ever having a problem with yellow jackets. We've always had a red wasp problem though.

silverado61

Tell them next time try my method. It's a whole lot safer and a lot more fun. The fumes get all the way to the back of the nest.If you just throw it on and light it, it only gets the ones near the opening of the nest. The first time I did it, it looked like a jet fighter taking off at night. WOW!