this is where i work!

maeistero

the pics make them look smaller than they are, but all of these tanks are diveable for a 6 ft tall person. i should've had a person stand next to each tank. it's t-rex kansas city, a bigger knockoff of rainforest cafe. somewhere around 10,000gal. :thinking: we dive to scrub everything weekly. it's awesome to see skimmers and all on this scale. even greater is how much our team cares about the fish. it's really hard to get dialed in perfectly on a system of this size. i thought i had a big system at home!

maeistero

bump for the aggressive questions on lookdowns. i'll try to get more close up pics saturday if there's time.

ophiura

Yeah, that right there screams:
LANDRY'S!!!!
- former Downtown Aquarium Houston employee

maeistero

Originally Posted by ophiura
Yeah, that right there screams:
LANDRY'S!!!!
- former Downtown Aquarium Houston employee

even before i worked here i had a premonition we would eventually have something in common. i know some people that probably worked with you at one time.

i don't know who exactly you are, but i do know people from your place who recog your handle.

ophiura

Originally Posted by maeistero
even before i worked here i had a premonition we would eventually have something in common. i know some people that probably worked with you at one time.
i don't know who exactly you are, but i do know people from your place who recog your handle.

Joe IV, LSS guru, is a genius, and I miss him terribly. One of the absolute best people I have ever met in my life. There are some good folks
And there are others that probably have uh, not so many good things to say, and the feeling is mutual!!
Having said it I loved the work
hated the job
. I miss many aspects of it every day...and am ashamed I just lived with other issues for so long while there. Enjoy it! Looks very cool, hope to see it someday!

maeistero

efishnsea :happyfish
no doubt. these pics were taken immediately after feeding just before we opened for the day. if you get within 6ft of the tank at that time they all crowd. there is a ton of tangs though. we get a lot of questions about that. there's probably double the tank volume in plumbing and filtration not seen which you may be able to tell by the clarity (bioload) compared to fish saturation. water parameters are all going good!

ophiura

How long has the place been open? I hadn't heard about it at all until a few weeks ago...those first months are fuuunnn

maeistero

Originally Posted by ophiura
How long has the place been open? I hadn't heard about it at all until a few weeks ago...those first months are fuuunnn

to the public probably late july. i can't remember that far back with all the mixed up scheduling. a new co built the place and landry's bought out/took over midway if you can imagine a one of a kind place switching hands midway.
we're about 99% done rebuilding the habitat room plumbing! it's awesome what's been done with how small it is!

first months fun?? who told you that?? :notsure:

ophiura

Oh come on, I lived it!! Totally fun. I did water testing on 31 systems every day at that point

K

kimc

Wow!!! I would not any work done if I worked there!!! I would be runnin from tank to tank to tank!!! Cool place!!!