this kid sed you can turn a fluval 304 0r 404 into

bizzyb0ne2000

a wetdry, i cant remember which number. all you do is put in bio balls in the compartments. he will sell it to me for half price. i already have a fluval 4, fluval 2, and a powerhead thats a little stronger than a fluval 2, i cant remember the name. but thats an awesome e z way for me to have an affordable reliable wet dry. my tank will have maximum filtration because there is already alot of current and everything is clean.

I dont know how it could be a wet dry... Fluvals fill with water. Doesnt that take the point out of the benefit or wet dry filtration? It might make a good biological filter, But it wont be aerobic bacteria I would imagine. The "wet wet" filter market isnt too popular :)

Yes the fluval can work with the bio media on the top. but with cannisters and wet dry filters they turn into NITRATE factories. This is probly the cheapest way to go but, in the long run trouble will more than likely appeare. The best way is LS and LR. I have used both cannister and still use wet dry in our 200 gallon. Wet dry is used in our reef but no bio balls,only sand and rock. but the unit is great for the skimmer its hidden away and all additives are put in hear. The only filter material I use is the overflow sponge and a small piece of padding to catch large debree like anenome expelsions. Water is crystle clear,clean sponges every three days and pad the same but throw away the small square. The cannisters make great water movers if you allready have them but I would not count on them for this delicate essencial tool for keeping saltwater habitants happy and healthy....cya fixit :)

redhermit

I have a 304 on a 46 gal FO setup. I routed 2
pro30 bio-wheels to the return, does that make it a wet/dry? If not, please explain what a wet/dry filter is and does. I also use a powerhead for added suface circulation.

Ok, Wet/Dry. AERATED[key word].By the dripping method through a series of plates that allow the water to be kept at higher oxegon levels getting rid of harmful carbon dioxid. also like a cannister filtering additives can be added, either mechanical like fiber pads or chemical like phosphate sponges and so on. The multiplied dripping does this feat of aeration, but a bio wheel or cannister type produces a water flow but not disiered oxegonation. Useing these systems I would recomend airstones to do the process. but many people donot like having stones in the tank because they create little bubbles all over everthing . The tank inhabitants wont mind it a bit and would probly appreciate it, But giving an undisierable look too most tanks. I whent the cannister rought at first but changed over to a sump. Even though I dont use my sump for biological, Its tucked underneath you can add skimmers , UV lights, grow calupera, add differant vital additives to tank ..It works well for me .. And to anyone that is obsesive to this hobby as we are the sump is a great place for dripping in things like kalkwasser[that needs to be added drip by drip]no unsightly jug sitting on top of your tank. I feel what ever you can due to keep great conditions in your tank then what you want to use it up to each individual. I feel there are more benifits with the wet dry over other conventional units..kinda long but I hope you get my meanings..cya..fixit :)