This makes me sick

broncofish

Went to a store in Sacramento CA last night. My buddy scored some pretty premium live rock(fijii) for about 2.50 a pound. Walking around the store I see that almost every fish was sick...but then I get to the tank with the mandarins, and there is a plain glass bottom, no sand, no rock, and definately no pods. These things were rotted away to about nothing. I considered buying them and putting them in my fuge were they could eat all they wanted, but I think they were past hope.

fishymissy

That's horrible!!
Even though your wanting to help them is commendable, it's better to pass them by. Let the store lose them, maybe they will stop buying them or at least maybe they'll try and learn something about the animals they sell.
And you're probably right, they were most likely too far gone......:(

broncofish

If you mean at the store. Yes yes I did. The kid just kind of said thanks. This place has a 400 gallon display tank, filled with corals fish(dragonnetes included) so they know whats up.

debbers

Broncofish,
Where? Where? I was at AquaLife today drooling over some of their stuff... might go back tomorrow and snatch up that bright green bubble they had! :D
~D~

kevin j

About a month ago I went to a store in ohio wont give the name and they had a tank of assorted fish with pop eye. I was looking to buy one when I noticed it. I told a manager and he played it off like I didnt know what I was talking about.:mad: He sayed if it was pop eye they would have a cloudy film poping out. I was like duh its right there and walked away. I came back a week later and the fish were still sick. I told one of the workers and showed him and he said he will put a holding sticker on the tank.
I think they just wanted to sell the fish but they were sick and to top it off while I was talking to the mgr. he was going to sell me one of the sick fish he said fish get sick like you get a cold its ok.:mad: