This might be a crazy question, but here it is. lol

autumnstahl

Hello Everyone, so I was browsing the internet the other night and I found a website to a fish distributor in Bali. And the only requirements to be able to order from them is a minimum of $500 order. I was wondering if anyone has ever placed an order for saltwater fish from a different country. I know it might be a big hassle but the price of the fish is unfreakinbelivable.
lol They have maroon clownfish for 75 cents, dog faced puffers for $1, emporer angels for $10 regal angels for $4.50. etc. I mean it was just crazy how cheap the fish were.
My girlfriend and I just for fun started making a wish list of all the fish we would like to have and I included 3 of every fish we liked, and started adding up what it would cost adn we had made a list of 278 fish, and the total was only at $398.
lol So my question is this, has anyone ever placed an order like this from a fish distributor from another country, and if so did you actually recieve the fish and were they healthy?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

spanko

Ha!
I am barrister Spanko and I have a client that has $8 bazillion dollars in a bank in Bali that I need to get into the U.S.
My client is willing to pay you $2 bazillion dollars to assist us. All we need is your bank routing number and password to your account................
IMO I would not do it.

brian_wis

Not a crazy question lol really its a scary thought
I don't blame you but where are you putting 278 fish lol

autumnstahl

I know I know, I first thought this website has to be a scam as well. However I found the website through another fish website that lists hundreds of other distributors even here in the us. And after looking at the websites from the distributors here the prices seemed normal for there websites. And I also have done alot of research on the subject, and I know that it is true that country's such as bali and Phillipines sell fish for super cheap. I once read that a tropical fish harvester in the phillipines will usually catch atleast 20-50 fish per day from the ocean and usually there employer only pays them around $2 a day in american money. So for being in that country I could see these prices being right.
Also I would never try to keep 278 fish at my house. lol I was just wondering because if I could get fish that cheap I don't see how you couldn't make a good living opening a fish store and selling if there is that big of a profit margain.

spanko

Shipping costs are what will kill a deal like that. Tis the biggest part of the cost to LFS.

autumnstahl

I thought that maybe that is why nobody does that. Because the shipping would be outrageous. I mean if for $500 you could get over 300 fish, that all shipped seperatly in there own bag, you would probably have to pay for shipping for maybe 15-20 boxes, and I could see that costing way more then the price of the purchase.