This photo is for Beth if she wants to use it.

scubadoo

I'm sure she will use the pics...excellent quality. her response may be slightly dealyed . I'm sure she will thank you when she can.

T

thomas712

Yes I'm sure she will thank you, and I'll be sure to leave her a direct to this thread. Beth is away right now helping with disaster relief. So you all better be taking care of your fish.

D12- is this your fish?

d12monkey

Recouping... He was left untreated... Except for the water quality improving from what it was before. Magnesium was low when he got sick... Now it's up to par. Also the water temp was a bit high (83-84 peak temperature). I've since got a chiller and keep the water at 77 and it's been great.

d12monkey

I'm acutally rather greatfull it has... Because it's always a learning experience and if it didn't then we wouldn't have this photo to help everyone else. I had believed that my water quality was excellent before but this just proved to me it wasn't. My previous belief had me thinking I could slack of on the tank a bit from when I used to be meticulus about it. This occurance has opened my eye anew and will keep from becoming disinterested in the maintance of the tank.
Fortunately My fish has been a great sport and is a strong character, he's been through some tough times before including several hurrricanes which includes Wlima and no power for 3 days.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Beth is away right now helping with disaster relief.
^^

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, yes. Excellent. But how is this fish doing??? I did miss this as I was in So Fla doing some Hurricane Relief, as well as personal relief for my family who lives there.
Posted him up in the Diseased Fish Thread. Poor guy, must have been pretty uncomfortable. You must treat brook immediately, so I hope he is ok. Any other clowns in the tank should also be treated.
I don't know what your water quality is but I can assure you that this disease has nothing to do with water quality.

d12monkey

Originally Posted by Beth
Wow, yes. Excellent. But how is this fish doing??? I did miss this as I was in So Fla doing some Hurricane Relief, as well as personal relief for my family who lives there.
Posted him up in the Diseased Fish Thread. Poor guy, must have been pretty uncomfortable. You must treat brook immediately, so I hope he is ok. Any other clowns in the tank should also be treated.
I don't know what your water quality is but I can assure you that this disease has nothing to do with water quality.

Well I didn't treat with any of your prescribed treatments. The only thing I did was improve my water quality and it disappeared in 2 weeks. She's doing great now. (I believe it's going through the --- change phase in her lifecycle.) She paired up with another smaller percula which was added later after she got better.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to monkey! LOLOL
I have had this wild off the wall theory that a clownfish that has an anemone might have a good chance at beating brook. Don't have any science to back me up, but just think it might.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Same kinda cocept. It may be that the stinging cells effect the parasite?