This picture was used in a catalog

krishj39

Hey guys, I just got a catalog from That Fish Place, and my picture was used on page 5. While it isn't like it's a reputable monthly aquarium hobbyist magazine, it still made my day. I'm putting the picture they used here just for kicks. It was taken over 4 months ago, and I'm amazed at how different it looks today.

nas19320

Wow thats cool. I just got that catalog today, haven't had time to look through it but good looking tank.

krishj39

Thanks guys! My friend told me later that I have ANOTHER pic in that catalog, on page 77. Here's that one too. :)

krishj39

It is a carpet anenome, however I returned it shortly after these pictures were taken. I had it for about 5 months. I then added about 75 lbs of LR and the carpet didn't appreciate the re-arranging and started roaming the tank all the time. It was never happy in my tank again, so I figured I better get rid of it while it was still alive to give it the chance to survive somewhere else. As you can see, it was huge, and I got it for 50$ at the LFS. When I returned it, they gave me 1/3 of what they would re-sell it for: 150$, so I basically got to keep the anenome for 5 months for free. I now have a 14" sabae anenome I paid 30$ for from a friend that those clowns host in. The sabae has been in captivity for a LONG time, I don't know if it is first generation or not though. Anyway, it is doing great and I doubt it will ever die while I am taking care of it, which is super cool. Here is a pic of the perc in the sabae.

bdhough

And OH HOW do you keep YOURS alive ??? :) I'm so paranoid of trying to keep one from what i've seen and heard....
EDIT: i'm tryin frogspawns for mine. He sometimes sticks his head in. Its funny....

krishj39

Well, basically just lucky. As I said, this sabae has been in captivity for years and through at least 3 different owners. It mostly likely has been through a few more than that, but that is as much of it's history that I know. Basically, I have a super hardy sabae, that's all there is to it. When I returned my carpet, my percs moved to my frogspawn within the day, and stayed there for months. It wasn't until I did some re-arranging to the frogspawn that the clowns made the move to the sabae, and now that is by far their most favorite to host in. However, the male will still host in the frogspawn if he's "in the doghouse" with the female.

bdhough

Actually its probably a torch. I jsut call it a frog. A Euphyllia glabrescens or very close to it....
EDIT:nothing special you do for it? I do like anemones but like i said am paranoid.... And they smell god awful when they die...

krishj39

Only special attention the sabae gets is spot feeding of shrimp, scallops, and squid every 3 days or so.

krishj39

He's in moderate flow, and I sporatically use Marine Snow, but I seriously doubt that it is doing any good. I have 660w of VHO on the 90g, and he is about 10" from the surface. Temp is around 81F.

bdhough

Interesting. The most beautiful anemone i've ever seen was a blue tentacle anemone. Had a pinkish/reddish base like the purple tentacled ones and the blue went from a very light blue to a neony bright blue at the tips. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. The lady who bought it was a regular and knew what she was doing. Said it died in about a month. A shame, it was perfect in my eyes....

jonthefb

congrats man thats awesome.....they did have permission right???? heheh just curious not too sure how those things work!
good luck
jon

hairtrigger

Very cool krish. Is that a chili coral on the far right, or a closed up colt? Curious because I'm interested in Chilis but don't know much about them. I'm not exactly on the fast track to researching them right now either though. Not a "priority" coral. Interesting tho.