Thomas....take a look...

crox

Thomas (or anyone else) can explain me why my BTA's tentacles are sooooooo long? Does it need more light?

dogstar

Ha, thats not long, some/most BTAs will loose the bubbles and stretch their tenticals much longer than that.

symon

Nice timing, i was just going to post myself, i have 2 btas that never had bubbles at the tips! Always all streched out !

jakebtc

not implying anything just asking...
what kind of lights and what size tank are these bubble tips in that don't have bubbles?

lemonpeel2

I mean u do have enough wattage, What are the dimensions of your tank? If its below 24" in height and width, then you should be ok. Just make sure your anemone is getting high intensity light. Light from PC lighting tends to get weak as it starts to go the bottom of your tank. But I mean your BTA is looking great. When BTA's bubble like that, it means he is getting good enough light.

crox

He's half way in the tank so approx 15" from the PC's. Last night he actually didn't have any bubbles!!

T

thomas712

Yeah nothing to worry about here, mine have had longer tenticals than that.

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by Dankreefer
yeah man, mine looks just like that.

Are you able to post a pic of it?

X

xnikki118x

My BTA is in a 29-gallon under 2x65-watt actnics and a 250-watt metal halide, and it doesn't have bubbles. Its tentacles get pretty long like yours does. Mine eats fine, has been here for months, loves its clown...I wouldn't worry. :)