Thomas712 about your vinagar /kalk mix

azocean709

the formula you gave.....15 ml ...quart, 1/2 tsp <kalk> is that per gallon? i drip kalk...but never with the vinegar...gonna do it... need to know that. currently i put 3 tlbs in 3 gallons....been working alright...but notice a lil crap in my tank. levelas all good though. wanna try the vinegar....have some mixed up now..just like ya said...but don't know if you talkin "Per gallon" kinda thing. i mix mine in with my auto top off. 3 gallon resivior.

coralph

I put one tablespoon of vinegar per gal of kalk water.I usually do this 5 out of 7 times.I have had no trouble with this,have been doing it for 3 years.

T

thomas712

Sorry just found this thread.
AZ, I'm currently using about 1tsp of kalk powder per gallon, sometimes 1.5. Not at home right now but I'm not even sure how much of the vinegar I'm using, I simply have it marked on a plastic container. I make 2 gallons at a time. I completly mix the kalk with the vinegar and then add some RO water to it and mix again, then dump it into my 2 gallon holding container, mixing it again, then just let it settle for a couple of hours.
I happen to like it, but too much vinegar can feed algae blooms so be careful.
Thomas

T

thomas712

Ok refreshing my brain, and that sounds right. So its about 60ml of vinegar, 1tsp kalk powder and 1 gallon of RO water. Thats really alot of vinegar, so you might try starting with only 30ml per gallon. You will notice that it helps settle out much of that suspended snow.
I find that cleaning your mixing container about every third or fourth time helps, also cleaning your drip line weekly is good.
Key is going slow when adding vinegar, as it can upset the system if you do it to fast.
Thomas

azocean709

Thank you for your reply Tomas. I will definatly start slow. Don't want to mess up what took so long to establish!! Thanks again.