Thomas712: PH cover ?'s

salty cheese

I remember awhile back that you posted something about how a lfs store you visit used some sort of platic basket to cover up the PH intake and I was wondering if the plastic cylinder below would work, or if it needs to have a wider diameter, the sloted PH cover is about 6/8th of an in in diameter and the new cover is 1 1/4 of an inch in diameter.
watch ya think?:thinking:

T

thomas712

I have something very similar, and yes I do believe that would work fine. I have found that something even smaller grid would work. How are you going to attach yours?

salty cheese

I'm not sure yet, I want to be able to take it off to clean it.
Do you think I need to us the original cover with the new one or can I just use the big one?

T

thomas712

I'd keep the original on while you try to adapt the new one, that way if the new falls off then you've got the backup.

salty cheese

What I'm going to try is to glue a piece of plastic to the bottom of the PH with some slots cut into it and trim the cylinder down and in, so it slides into the mount and with a twist it will lock into the mount.
I hope that made sense I will post some pics when I'm done.
Also is there any way to tell if the suction of the PH is too strong? Some sort of test maybe?
Thanks