Thread Subscription - Email Notification

scsinet

Is email notification working or not? It stopped working a long time ago, then worked for a while, then stopped again and it's been that way ever since.
I find it strange that I get emails when people leave PMs but not when my subscribed threads have been updated.
I was wondering if it works for anyone else...

ruaround

it has been gone for quite sometime and wont be back... there was a problem with bad email addresses and the sever trying to handle all of it...

isistius

mine stopped working months ago. i posted a thread about this, they seemed to get it working, then it stopped again. i just gave up on it. i do get notification of pm's tho.

m0nk

Hmm, I wondered why they stopped all of a sudden a while back. Good to know.

m0nk

Originally Posted by Isistius
for me, it was when adelphia was bought by comcast, and i had to switch my email account to a .net address. after that, everything went downhill. i remember something about not being able to recognize the .net address. let me try to find my old thread.
here it is: https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=268359
My email address never changed and I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten notifications for like 6 - 7 months.

m0nk

Oh, I also don't get emails when people leave me PMs. I think that might have stopped for me when the emails for subscribed threads stopped too.

scsinet

Hmmm... seems like it's erratic then... some email features work for some people, some of the time.
I really wish they'd consider restoring it. It was far easier for me to to keep up with threads.

ophiura

It has been cut off, I believe because of the bounce backs from inactive addresses or something of the sort...