Three or four 5" triggers in a 5-foot tank?

marillion

Since it looks like I won't be able to get the titan trigger at the size I want, I'm considering "Plan B" for the 5-foot tank in my living room.
I'd like to stock it with three or four triggers, knowing I'll have to upgrade down the road.
I'd like to get four of them, ideally, each at around 5" : blueline, picasso, clown, and undulate.
Yes, I'm aware of the aggression factor of the undulate and blueline, but there are about 250lbs. of rockwork in this tank, and I believe they could co-exist for 4-5 years.
If one will be removed from the equation, it will be the undulate.
The tank has been cycling for two weeks with 5 damsels.
Suggestions?
Peace,
Chip

grouperhead

Hmm, 5' tank. How wide is it, and how many gallons? I'd say three. Add the humu first, then clown, then blueline. Also blue-line should ideally be the smallest of the three. I have two 4' tanks (75 and 55) with a picasso in the 75 and an undulate about to be put in the 55, and the picasso swims all day in it. I think 4 might be a little crowded. Nothing else will be in the tank, correct? Bo

i had
clowntrigger
huma huma
undulated
niger in my other tank and they were cool for months until one day at feeding time the undulated ripped out the huma huma eye causing it to die ,and than it went down hill from there but i have done 5 triggers before and it was good for a while like a yr and a half but this last time they all passed it is hard but i would try again it is hit or miss :rolleyes:

marillion

Originally posted by Grouperhead
Hmm, 5' tank. How wide is it, and how many gallons? I'd say three. Add the humu first, then clown, then blueline. Also blue-line should ideally be the smallest of the three. I have two 4' tanks (75 and 55) with a picasso in the 75 and an undulate about to be put in the 55, and the picasso swims all day in it. I think 4 might be a little crowded. Nothing else will be in the tank, correct? Bo

No, nothing else in the tank. It's 18" deep, 24" tall, and 5 feet long. So the humu would be 5", the clown would be 5", and the blueline would be 3.5" or so.
Sounds good to me. I have another couple weeks to see if The Marine Center can scrounge me up a 5" titan trigger, but if not, then I'll use my credit there for those fish.
Thanks for the info!
Peace,
Chip

triggers are from all around the world. when you put any fish that wouldnt see eachother in the wild they tend to fight. any trigger will go with one another for about a day or two but after that they may fight. it's a very common behavior.