Throught I'd share a little essay I wrote in school

stupid_naso

Zack,
Ignorance, that's what it's all about. Some people will remain ignorant no matter what you do. --- and age discrimination are very common. So what do you do? First, don't be ignorant like them. Second, whenever something like that happen don't leave and never come back. Do what you need to do to get the best deal. Don't let your feelings get in your way. Don't let them have the pleasure of pissing you off.
You are an intelligent person, and you have a great life ahead of you. Although I am not much older than you are, but one thing I know this kindda thing happens a lot.
So... great paper. I don't think when I was in seventh grade I could write a paper as well as you did. Keep up the good work.
Age does not define maturity. Remember that.
stupid_naso

zack schwartz

age does not your right good point. anyway ignorant people are all over and it is sad to see how many there are:( anyway I seem to respect all here and thanks again!:)

bhav_88

I used to get treated the same way until a new LFS opened up. The guy that runs it is great, and doesn't care how old I am because I know what I'm talking about.
Observation: (LONG time ago) The people on this board seem to have gotten a bit more friendly over the years. A while back I posted a section of my novel in progress in 'the Aquarium' (remember the aquarium?), and got nothing but spiteful remarks. Personally, I'm glad that the people are becoming less rude.
(Also helps that several of the people who flamed me because they didn't like the science fiction genre eventually screwed up later by being @$$holes to other people and got themselves banned...)

leigh

Zach,
You da man. Stick to your guns. You'll encounter this stuff in all sorts of places...when it stops being fish stores it'll start being restaurants...when it stops being restaurants it'll start being airlines...just have fun with those guys.
Here's my silly story for the day: One of my college friends, a tall skinny, young, black man, was flying first class, working for a consulting company in the summer after our junior year. Apparently Tiger Woods had just finished a tournament near his airport of departure. The silly old people in first class, upon seeing a young, tall, skinny, black guy in first class stared at him the whole time clearly trying to figure if he was Tiger or not. (My friend looks NOTHING like Tiger Woods I might add). Needless to say, rather than getting annoyed at what could be perceived as both racist and ignorant, my friend put on a Nike hat, pulled it a little over his eyes, asked the flight attendant for a copy of Sports Illustrated and pretended to be an incognito star the whole ride.
I guess what I'm saying is make the most of it...life gives you lemons, make lemonade :) (And great essay!)
-leigh