Thurday 6-pak

B

billb

It's a Tube Anemone. Eats just about anything and pretty fatal for small fish. They come in a variety of colors, but I only have this one right now. They seem to kill anything they touch. Mine likes flake food the best. In the morning it just gobbles flakes up as fast as it can grab em'.

meadbhb

Hiya,
Do they have the same requirements as other anenomies? And would a clown host one?
Meadbhb

B

billb

Couldn't tell ya bout' hosting..although I have never seen pictures of a clown with one. (my clowns are tank raised, and won't host anything!) They don't need much light according to my expert, thats why I got him. Had him for a few months now under 130w PCs and it seems just fine.

cliffrouse11bas

I love the star polyps picture. Great photography. Mind me asking what camera you are using and what settings and any add on lenses or filters. Thanks

B

billb

Thanks for the compliments. Actually the camera is a Cannon ZR65 camcorder. I use it in picture mode more than the movie mode. I just use the tank lighting and keep the shutter speed etc. on Auto. No special lenses. I don't know how many megapixel the camera really is, the instructions don't mention it. I'd say betwwen 1 and 3. You can make about up to an 8x 10 for a well lit outdoor shot, and the indoor stuff usually hovers around 5 x 7. I usually use paint shop pro as a photo editor because it's quick and easy (and cheap). Now that the price is finally dropping on real digital cameras, I will probably buy one and do some stuff with it. I'm trying to research what I want but there seems to be an endless amout of data out there to pour through and it's the type of investment I only want to make once, and last me for a long time. Iv'e always liked Nikon's quality and am leaning towards that, but price-wise some others are very good too. I think when the 8 megapixel prices level out it will be time to buy.
Thanks again...
Billb

robchuck

The GSP in picture number 3 look amazing! That's probably the most unique shot I've ever seen of GSP.

B

billb

Thank-you... I wish I could say it was some sort of professionalism, but I think we have to chalk it up to a lucky shot...

b.