Tidal Flow question Does anyone do it??

big

Of late I have been playing with the idea of simulating a tidal flow in a tank. Basically for now what I have been doing is trying K-3's on timers at the opposite ends facing forwards and up with a short slack time period in-between start up of each PH. I may change to 4's and move the 3's to another tank for a more intense flow change???? I also have around 1000 gph additional flow from my loop system providing a more random flow in the tank running continually. I have even thought of shutting it off for a true slack tide, but fear of a failure to start siphon from the sump-fuge keeps that idea only an idea.
It may be my imagination but I do seem to see better polyp extension in some corals, like my Torch and maybe more growth in a few of the others like miserable.Leathers..... I just have not been doing it long enough to draw any concrete conclusions yet..Or am I just giving Leathers and others a better chance to Nuke a neighbor??
Only down fall I can think of is the crappy debris that seems to shoot out of the PH's at start up. Secondly maybe a shorter life span for the PH's with the multiple daily restarts.
So has anyone worked on a system similar for a long period of time and found any true benefits of am I just wasting my time? I am sure some of the true experts have simulated tides and made decisions on any benefits they found..... Thanks for any input on the subject....... Warren