Tiger Cowrie snail

b-diddles

I bought one yesterday. I saw him on some of my coral (knowing that the larger cowries will eat coral if not fed directly) and I knocked him off of it. I did it in a way where I do not think it would harm him. But, since then he has not moved. He is attached to a rock still, the SAME rock as last night wher I put him. But he is attached. Am I just freaking out or did I possibly hurt him?

b-diddles

He still isn't going anywhere. I nudged him and he came out a little then went back in. I am wondering if there might be something else going on here. Any help? Anyone?

spanko

You are taking a chance keeping this creature in your reef tank. I had one in the beginning but eventually found out enough about them that I took it out, did not want to chance any problems.

b-diddles

O.K- I must have overreacted. He just sits there in the same spot all day, when the lights go out "poof" he is off again. Since I got him he has done this. I have read that they are nocturnal, but good grief! It is no movement at all till night.

b-diddles

I had one last year and it died due to my tank leak. When he was alive he kept my tank virtually spotless and I didn't have to clean the glass so often. I think that he is sooo coool too.