Tiger cucumber question

klongo

I added a tiger cucumber to my tank 4 weeks ago. He immediately climbed up onto a small mushroom rock and stayed there for three days. I never saw him again, until today. BTW, my sand still looks horrible, so he's obviously not doing his job. Today, I found him about 8 inches up from the sand lying on one of my rocks!?
How do I get this guy to clean my sand?!?!?!?! and should I remove him from my rock?

mudplayerx

I don't have a tigertail cucumber, but I do have a different cucumber that is also a detrivore. Mine does not climb on the rocks, so I dunno. My guess is you have a lot of detritus on your live rocks. Once he runs out of food there, he will go to the sand.
Whatever you do, do NOT move this guy. Let him go where he wants and never grab him, or he may use his innate defences. They explode on purpose if threatened.
ps- mine stayed in one spot for a week and only cleaned the sand there. When he ran out of food there, he moved all around the tank, cleaning all the sand. Just give yer little cuke some time.