Tiger Pistol ok?

jellyfish

I added a new tiger pistol to my main tank 7 days ago because I am running it with no fish for 6 weeks due to a recent ich outbreak. I haven't seen him since the second day he was added. When I added him he barely moved and wasn't seen eating. Should I dig all my LR out to look for him and put him in his own quarrantine. He moved from where I placed him initially. I guess he found a better hiding spot because I'll have to take all the LR out to look for him if he's not DOA. I'm worried he'll die without his goby who is in hypo right now. The LR is elevated on PVC pipe, so no worry about tunneling.
I guess I should have QT'd him but I thought he would be ok in the main tank. I already have 2 QT's running hypo. I ordered him from SWF.
MAIN:
55 gal FOWLR plus a couple inverts
55 lbs. LR
75 lbs. LS
2 cleaner shrimps
7 snails
Ammonia 0, NO2= 0, NO3 = 0, PH = 8.2
Tank is 12 weeks up, cycled a couple times due to adding some LR.
Aqua Via Protein skimmer, 2 Catalina 1400 PH's, HOB Whisper power filter with carbon. Lots of circulation.
I've been trying to feed 1 large feeding once a day plus a small feeding for the shrimps. They are always begging for food. I feed brine and Formula One pellets with garlic and zoe.
I turn the skimmer off during the day so the food will get down to him. The skimmate is minimal.
Thanks in advance.

rbmount

He'll show up. Mine is under a rock with an anemone, and it hasn't moved from that spot yet. When I had it in my 46 it moved all the time. Do you hear any pops in the tank? If a hermit or a snail get too close he fires a warning shot.

jellyfish

Thanks for the reply.
No, I don't hear any pops. I thought he was supposed to be more active since the profile says, "bold" for temperment. I'm just worried since there's no sign he's in there and his goby is not with him.
Thanks again, I was pretty worried. I'll leave him alone for now.
I need to join fishies anonymous, hehe.

innsmouth

He doesn't need the goby to survive. He'll be fine as long as you're just running fallow and not in hypo. He'll probably eat worms and pods as well as your feeding so I wouldn't worry much about him. The goby will find him when he gets back.

jellyfish

Thankyou for your replies. I was pretty worried, but I'll just wait. Funny having something with no signs of life.