tiger tail sea cucumber

mombar10

I think my tiger tail cucumber has split in two. Was 3in when purchased 1 1/2 yrs ago and has grown to about 18 to 20in now.
I have a 150 gal reef tank with LR corals and a few fish. But right now it looks like there are two pieces of cucumber in my tank as one end is too far from the other to be attached. They both look healthy and haven't lost any color. Has anyone ever had this happen.:help:

mombar10

Oh I hope thats true he can reproduce. He's doing great and enjoy watching him. He really keeps my sand clean. I would hate to lose him.

farslayer

Tiger Tails do indeed reproduce this way. I started with one and now have two. Nothing to worry about, move along :)

k8eydid

Hi I just purchased a tiger tail cucumber today. I never saw one before and the hubby just had to have it. I have a 55 gal w/LR, coral, 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 emerald crab, 1 seabae clown, 1 yellow tang, 1 blue tang (juvenile), 1 mandarin goby, 1 firefish goby & 2 blue damsels. The cuke is about 6"-8" long and immediatly made his new home inside some large barnacles. I don't know much about these creatures and figured I would get some good advise by posting here. Please share some of your experiences with these guys. Thanks!:rolleyes:

ophiura

One of the most critical things is they type of substrate....really need finer stuff than say crushed coral. Other than that they are basically "mopping" the sand surface, ingesting some sand particles/detritus and digesting things on it They poop out a lovely pellet of sand.
The only other thing is to watch for any animal that might take too much interest in it and start picking at it.