Tight Zoanthids

wax32

Here are some pics of my zoanthids... they are packed close together. If anyone has any idea how I can get em to spread out a little, I'd like to hear it! I'd like to be able to see individual polyps.

T

thomas712

I need some of those zoo's

Nice pic's, tell us what is the secret to growing them?

sweetreef

very easy take the rock there on a smack it with a hammer from the back side and break them up and spread them out..

wax32

Thomas: I am guessing they were on a reef recently... the big rock is from my LFS most recent shipment and the smaller one is from a few weeks ago.
Sweetreef: I guess I could do that, but I like that big rock! The little rock has a serpent star living in it I think... it extends black and white fuzzy arms after the lights go out. Really cool. :D

liverock27

Do you do anything special for your zoos? or is it just your lights? I am looking into getting some zoos for my 20g long tank. What kind of lights do you have on that tank? Great picks

wax32

I've got 300W of VHO although today I swapped out one 75W VHO actinic for one 20W NO 10k... I think my rics are getting too much light. I'll see if this change makes any difference.