Tiled tank?

csrobe02

I remember seeing a picture months back of a tank that the stand and canpoy was tiled over. I am in the process of building my stand and canopy for my 120 gal and would love to tile it, but the people that I am moving in the house with say that they need to see a picture of a tiled stand and canopy before they will let me do it. Does anyone have a link to this picture or anything like it?
Thanks for your help.

clarkiiboi

I didnt see that thread, I did a search but came up with nothing. Bumping you, maybe someone will remember. :D

nm reef

Nice find skirrby...I'd think a tile finish could be made to look real good...may be a bit difficult...but very possible.:yes:

clarkiiboi

I didnt go back that far since he/she said months back, that was almost a year ago....should of dug deeper :thinking:

S

spsaddict

this is my friend mikes tank, aka mojoreef on a few other boards. here you can see his wonderful 500 gal display.. 850 gal total i think, anyway he has a tiled stand

nm reef

How could I have forgotten that one spsaddict...its listed in my favorites and has long been a top 10 aquarium in my opinion...it also has the nicest tile work I've ever seen.

robchuck

My dad built a tiled stand for a 50 gallon tank he had back in the 80's. The stand was framed with 2x4's. He used pegboard to have something for the grout to anchor to, then tiled the stand with white tile. The stand had oak trim at the edges and looked very nice. It was also built so that the front and side panels could be removed for maintenance.